"Hey, Fifty Dollars never killed anybody...." (1 Viewer)

The Money Pit, probably.
I saw it first when I was 7, and the bit where Tom Hanks falls down the outside of the house, smashing into things made me puke from laughing so hard. Nowadays, the bit that always gets me is where he's talking on the phone and starts sinking into a hole in the floor and gets stuck.

Yeah, the Money Pit.

the Money Pit just isn't that funny any more once you buy a place and realise all your cash actually does get spent on doing up the bathroom / buying fancy lamps / coveting Ray and Charles Eames Eiffel chairs / shelling out for massively expensive stainless steel fridges the builders instantly pepper with dents / making your dad drive you to scotland to go to Ikea etc etc

oh here, who am I kidding, I LOVES it.

kirstie said:
the Money Pit just isn't that funny any more once you buy a place and realise all your cash actually does get spent on doing up the bathroom / buying fancy lamps / coveting Ray and Charles Eames Eiffel chairs / shelling out for massively expensive stainless steel fridges the builders instantly pepper with dents / making your dad drive you to scotland to go to Ikea etc etc

oh here, who am I kidding, I LOVES it.
the joys of a mortgage/yr own gaff
:eek:

would you recommend the Ikea trip?
we were thinking of it too

Yeah, it is worth it. We drove from Dublin-Belfast-Stranraer-Glasgow and back in one day. It's a bit of a nightmare doing that but they do also deliver from Ikea Glasgow to Ireland for something like 100 sterling for 2 pallets of stuff, so you can do it that way too. You have to go to the store and pick yer stuff out though.

I'd never want to totally furnish my gaff with Ikea products cos it is a little bit lounge to landfill in x number of years. I don't think you'd be keeping your Ikea shelves as heirlooms to pass down the generations, like. But then the fact that it's not so expensive to start off with means you can justify that I suppose. It is fantastic for accessories and storage stuff and shelving and kitchen and bathroom stuff and lamps and rugs etc etc etc. So yes, I recommend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back