He's A Clown Like.... (1 Viewer)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
Good old Keano, you can take the man out of Cork etc etc

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0912/keaner.html

Furious Sunderland boss Roy Keane has branded FIFA vice-president Jack Warner 'a clown' in a war of words over Dwight Yorke.
Warner accused Keane earlier this week of 'insensitivity and disrespect' in a letter leaked to the media after he alleged Yorke had been withdrawn from the Trinidad and Tobago squad for the midweek clash with the United States by his club.
And Keane revealed he had contacted the special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to let him know exactly what he thinks of him.
The Corkman said: 'The man's a clown. He sent me a letter and he was quite happy to give it to the media. I spoke to him on Wednesday and I told him what I thought about him and where I think he should go.
'He is writing these letters and it is always under the FIFA heading just to impress everybody. If he is vice-president of FIFA, then God help us.
'He has not written me a letter about Kenwyne Jones, who got injured playing in a friendly match. They selected Carlos Edwards last year when he was out with a broken leg.
'Yorkie keeps making these cameo guest appearances for them, so maybe they have got some sort of deal going on themselves, I don't know.
'The man is a clown.'
Yorke, 36, came out of international retirement to make a cameo appearance in the friendly against England in June in which Jones suffered knee ligament damage.
He has since had a re-think, but having been handed another year's contract at the Stadium of Light he had promised the club he would only play for his country if it did not interfere with his domestic commitments.
Yorke captained Trinidad and Tobago in the 1-1 World Cup qualifying draw with Guatemala on Saturday but did not feature in Wednesday's 3-0 defeat in Chicago.

He's gone and reopened the Saipan can of worms :eek:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4136002,00.html

"In closing may I remind you that a player's greatest honour is to represent his country in spite of the fact that you chose to walk away from yours during the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup after publicly abusing your manager... indictment that you will no doubt be proud of up to today. Poor Sunderland."

Do dublin peeps not like Keano? Most boggers side with him; most jackeens don't. It that fair?

Someone do a poll. Keane: Yay or Nay?

* "I think I face my biggest challenge as a manager now. The last big one? After I first arrived we went to Ipswich and got beaten 3-1 and I swear they were playing the Abba music before the game. Just before we went out to play, Abba was on, Dancing Queen I think it was. Ipswich would have been outside our dressing room listening to us lot listening to Dancing Queen and thinking we've got a great chance against these! That's what I would be thinking. And they beat us. I think a few of the players liked the Abba, that was the bloody problem. Two of them were dancing in the corner, they didn't want to go out and play the game, they wanted to listen to bloody Abba. It was the masseur playing the lead role. He was playing the music. I remember stepping back thinking that's not right. None of the players had the balls to say 'Hey we're not listening to this rubbish.' That masseur is no longer at the club" - Roy Keane.

FIFA is like some 17th century rotten borough. How the fuck do these shamelessly corrupt pricks manage to climb so high within the organisation? It cant ALL be Blatters fault. Does anyone know much about the internal machinations of FIFA? Is it structurally suspect or does it just have an honest to goodness tradition of corruption and insanity?

Also, is there a book any could recommend on FIFA that's worth reading?

I'm unsure which forum to post this in, nver mind which thread:

"I think I face my biggest challenge as a manager now. The last big one? After I first arrived we went to Ipswich and got beaten 3-1 and I swear they were playing the Abba music before the game. Just before we went out to play, Abba was on, Dancing Queen I think it was. Ipswich would have been outside our dressing room listening to us lot listening to Dancing Queen and thinking we've got a great chance against these! That's what I would be thinking. And they beat us. I think a few of the players liked the Abba, that was the bloody problem. Two of them were dancing in the corner, they didn't want to go out and play the game, they wanted to listen to bloody Abba. It was the masseur playing the lead role. He was playing the music. I remember stepping back thinking that's not right. None of the players had the b-lls to say 'Hey we're not listening to this rubbish.' That masseur is no longer at the club"

Bar the needless slagging of ABBA, that's quality from the Corkman.

Do dublin peeps not like Keano? Most boggers side with him; most jackeens don't. It that fair?

Someone do a poll. Keane: Yay or Nay?

I know two langers who think he's an awful prick.

One is a Spurs fan, and Keane is supposed to have been a Spurs fan when he was a kid, so my mate goes up to him years ago in Cork airport and says "howya Roy, any chance you'll sign for the Spurs" to which Keane replies "no, they're fcuking sh1te"

Now he wasn't wrong (then or now) but my mate still told him he was a cnut and walked off.

The other fella got chucked out of a Cork nightclub for spitting at him.

This should be the official Keano thread .|..|

He went on a great rant last night

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has launched a scathing attack on his players and fans after Tuesday's Carling Cup victory over Northampton Town.
The Black Cats were booed after needing two late goals to force extra-time but eventually won through on penalties.
Keane told BBC Radio: "It was a shambles from the first minute.
"The attitude of our players and fans was poor. I have no problem with people complaining but I got abuse from one or two fans and I will not tolerate that."
Sunderland are now into the fourth round of the competition but Keane added: "How we got through, I will never know.
"Overall it was one of the worst nights I have had in my football career.
"I just felt everyone turned up - the supporters and the players - and thought we were going to win without putting the work in.

"It is down to me to sort that out. This feels like a defeat because I am trying to run a club where there is hunger, desire and good attitude from everyone and I didn't feel that at all.
"One or two players have been to see me lately (about getting a chance to play) and I reminded them at half-time not to come and see me again. "To say we were poor would be an understatement

You can here it here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7633044.stm

Yeah, he’s a right rent-a-quote. If the colour of the upholstery on the team bus isn’t right he’ll let the associated media outlets know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back