hershey's chocolate tastes like vomit: discuss (1 Viewer)

someone might think it doesnt. possibly someone without a highly tuned palate like you and me.

I was told it's something to do with the lack of legislation for how much cocoa has to be in chocolate to qualify as chocolate in 'merica. So they just make this crap.

i just assumed that they got someone to puke into a vat and then dyed it brown.

well....

same_difference-galleries-xfactor.jpg

really

I'd say it tastes more plastic than vomit. Kinda like Kinderegg imitation chocolate. The semi-sweet is okay for baking but the rest is pretty gross alright. Nestle and Mars are the 'better' American chocolate. Actually Dove Chocolate (Mars Company) I would consider the best of the bunch.

images

its mental how big marketing can transcend quality, like most people would assume hersheys chocolate is real high qulaity stuff just on the brand name and image alone.

It's the aftertaste that kills you. When you're chewing it tastes like chocolate. Swallow, and taste the vomit. It's disgusting...

Isn't there something they put in chocolate in hotter countries to increase it's melting point so it doesn't get fucked up while on the shelf that affects the taste as well.

So the theory goes, that English (and Irish) chocolate bars have fewer stabilisers in them and melt at lower temperatures.

Hershey's chocolate is known in the industry as 'barnyard chocolate' and is generally considered to be too sour for European palates.
Most Americans I know love it.

its mental how big marketing can transcend quality, like most people would assume hersheys chocolate is real high qulaity stuff just on the brand name and image alone.

I don't see that at all - it's a huge megabrand, therefore it's high quality? Does anyone really think that?

Hershey's chocolate is known in the industry as 'barnyard chocolate' and is generally considered to be too sour for European palates.
Most Americans I know love it.

I grew up on it and ate it no problem. Always preferred Nestle though, in fairness. The milk chocolate bar in the red wrapper. I think it's when you taste better chocolate that it gets put into comparison. It's what ya know. I think I gained a stone at least from trying all the new candy bars over here. Stupid tasty chocolate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back