Herbal tea plants (1 Viewer)

Lolo

Since 2000
Website
www.facebook.com
Not quite sure whether this should be on Food or Lifestyle, but anyway...

I'm currently growing mint and lemon verbena in my window boxes, both are really nice added to hot water to make tea, and have health benefits (mint for digestion, verbena for candida).

Anyone know any other plants that make yummy tea that's good for what ails ye?

Hmm, nettle soup is good though.

Ah, well, most herbs are good for something. But in terms of yummy tea type I love fennel.

Hmm, nettle soup is good though.

Twoo, twoo, and I do have a recipe for that somewhere

Ah, well, most herbs are good for something. But in terms of yummy tea type I love fennel.

Oh yes, there's an idea. According to tea-benefits.com (no idea how reliable they are, they just came up in a google search:

Fennel tea can aid in treatment of dyspepsias such as mild, spastic gastrointestinal afflictions, fullness and flatulence;
•​
Fennel tea can fight catarrh of the upper respiratory tract;
•​
Fennel tea also helps in stimulating milk flow in women;
•​
Fennel tea acts as an antispasmodic;
•​
Fennel tea has been shown to possess diuretic, choleretic (bile-producing), pain-reducing, fever-reducing, and antimicrobial actions.

Oh yes, there's an idea. According to tea-benefits.com (no idea how reliable they are, they just came up in a google search:

Fennel tea can aid in treatment of dyspepsias such as mild, spastic gastrointestinal afflictions, fullness and flatulence;
•​
Fennel tea can fight catarrh of the upper respiratory tract;
•​
Fennel tea also helps in stimulating milk flow in women;
•​
Fennel tea acts as an antispasmodic;
•​
Fennel tea has been shown to possess diuretic, choleretic (bile-producing), pain-reducing, fever-reducing, and antimicrobial actions.

All that and it tastes (and smells) nice too.

Fair play to you for growing your own plants Lolo! Are they easy to buy? How do you make the tea?

Well, when I say "growing" I haven't been growing them from seed, just buying the plants from garden shops and putting them in compost in containers. One of them is even just a parsley plant from a supermarket, and it's thriving.

You just pick the leaves, put them in a teapot and pour boiling water over them!

Am also "growing" alpine strawberries, purple spinach, thyme, mace, chives, lavender, marjoram, dill and Vietnamese coriander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back