Rosehip Syrup and herbs (1 Viewer)

i lost my mind

I made some of this yesterday
I found a good herb book in the house roger phillips and nicky foy "herbs" 400 hundred plus coulur photos.
Altough berry season really is over now i did manage to find a few rosehips or Dog Rose also known as itchy backs. Not so ripe i supose.
It turned it out well i mixed it with some tarragon and a bit of honey it would maybe be worth to try it with mellisa/lemon verbana. Or some other berrys next year.
Any of those red berrys have alot of vitiman c or evan darker coluors but berry season is over really and the birds will have stole the lot. you might find a few if look hard ,amazeingly one of these sites sugest doin it with Rowan berrys ! altough id say good luck to find one of them now.
what would we have then, balck berry fruit starts the earliest ,elder and two mentiond above and i supose juniper has some to .. the one to watch out for would be Yew thats the one you usally only find in graveyards or old castles because it is very poisnes and also was used to make long bows.
In fact it think there was murder case in ireland with this last year its very hard it grows very slow and old

Made a fruit crumble there with dried apricots a few dried prunes sultanas cranberied (they grow these in ireland now) two pears an apple two oranges alittle bit grates .cinamon and clove. .....oat and peanut had some beatroot in sambwich eaarlier ... turned out alright portugese pears half price

found the recpie in these two sites which are good resource i supose i will have to wait for next year although ya cin getit in tea in eatern europe food shop. Plants have a lot more chromasomes than humans you know.

Rosa cania or dog rose is a kind of rose you can actuallt buy rose oil but it is very expensive because it takes tons of petals to make a bit mind you some times you can see bottels of rose water in the eastern food shops.
Canadian honey we have australian too though i know a man who keeps bees.
I geuss soon it will be pollen time but why would a plant have berry fruits and pollen in flowers?

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/blog/wild-food/rosehip-syrup/

http://www.herbsociety.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back