Heart-Shaped Box II (1 Viewer)

I bet you ignored my 'priceless' advice (I normally charge €35 an hour). I bet you still come up on Itunes as alternative. You should let people know, before you elicit their hard worked and precious brainpower, that you're not actually going to use it. I feel decieved, exploited and betrayed.

Apologies but there ARE non-'poppy' tracks there! Just regard us as an 'alternative to, oh, I don't know, let's say.... Quorn.

Dear Kafka:

I think you should put a clause in the first post of your threads about your lack of actual advice taking. There are other intellectual/creative investment opportunities I and my colleagues could be channelling our energies and expert opinion into.

Oh and re: 'quorn'.... you can't eat MP3s so I can't imagine it'll be a very good subsitute. You really aren't presenting yourselves as a wise or reliable investment.

Maybe you could call it our 'priceless publicity'. Although I, for one, will not be buying *your* false and poorly researched promotion.

Is mise le meas

Miss Gruntled, Costa del Tal.

hanley said:
scanners.gif

180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif

180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif

180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif
180px-Ricki.gif

Kafka,

I think your rep is stabilising at around -4000. It's like Star Trek: new aliens are the world's worst for the first couple of episodes and then they get all friendly in the next series or so. Klingon's being the classic case. Bit disappointing. Good luck with the band anyway. I'd say, without listening to it, your music is just great. Maybe reduce the drums in the mix a bit.

Regards,
U7.

IMHO in general the singer is trying too hard. I'd prefer if he'd stop being "passionate" and just sing the song and sounded like himself, not like how he imagines a rock'n'roll singer should

GERM: Starts off deadly, and the middle 8 is interesting, but you can't hide the lack of a melody by singing loud. Not that you absolutely need a melody, but if not you need something else and effort isn't enough. Transitions between sections need some attention, they're a bit rhythmically gauche. Oh and very few people can pull off one of those "YEEEAAAAH"s - maybe your singer can do it sometimes, but he doesn't do it on this song ... and there are way too many of them anyway

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH US?: Don't like these sorts of songs (kinda rocked up singer-songwriter ballad), so no comment

DO IT!: Cool ska-ish start, don't like the "ooh-oohs", and again I'd prefer if it was sung differently - see comments for "Germ"

Also your lyrics could do with some work.

I hope I don't know you in real life, I wouldn't be near this frank if I did (unless you were in my band)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back