Hearney's on the block. (1 Viewer)

BTW: I've been through this whole private/public scenario with my son who was waiting for elective surgery.

its just better organised

With general administration and management of non-core activities (urgh), then yeah, all in all they probably are. They should be.
But, saying that is pretty much the same as saying the FF failed to manage the health service efficiently as a public organisation. There are no particularly good reasons why it can’t be managed more efficiently and stay public*, except political ones. They’ve had a good few years to work on it like.
Also private org’s biggest money saver over public orgs is that they pay shit wages to worker drones. This can be a good thing,and it can be a very bad thing.

*This is complicated so I’ll stop now.

With general administration and management of non-core activities (urgh), then yeah, all in all they probably are. They should be.
But, saying that is pretty much the same as saying the FF failed to manage the health service efficiently as a public organisation. There are no particularly good reasons why it can’t be managed more efficiently and stay public*, except political ones. They’ve had a good few years to work on it like.
Also private org’s biggest money saver over public orgs is that they pay shit wages to worker drones. This can be a good thing,and it can be a very bad thing.

*This is complicated so I’ll stop now.

BTW: I've been through this whole private/public scenario with my son who was waiting for elective surgery.

shit, must be a bit of a nightmare

No - you pay your money to get preferential treatment.
Less people do it, so they have better customer care.

that's not always true either as it generally deals with less - i.e. what would the situation be if it had to deal with the entire system?

i agree but i mean rather yeah its better organised because it has less to deal with and obviously it can cope better with smaller problems and bigger monies. sorry, was a bit drunk with that statement last night.
in fact, i dont know where im going with this.

She is responseable for setting up the faceless organisation that is the HSE that holds no blame, this whole cancer scare thing is just a long list of things that she has to write down on her list of "shambles that have happened since I came to hold the health post". She is responseable for the board of directors that highered all these people that are making all these mistakes. Its all gone so bad no one knows how it can be fixed.

If you were working for some one and you keep making mistake after mistake, you'd get the sack!

Would you employ some one who creates a bad reflection on your business?

But this isnt a business this new scandle are peoples mothers, sisters and
cousins. Now its coming to light that the hospital in Galway didnt bother to inform cork about what had happened up there with the sperialist.

If im not mistaken she knew what was going on in Portloaise? She let the nations media infrom the 97 women involved!!

What else can she claim fault for?
The deaths of the dunnes in wexford months after the Sharon Grace accident, where TD Paul Kehoe was asked to leave the d after looking for social care works to prevent this kind of accident happening again. But it didnt, the hse down here was aware of the troubles with the Dunne family but they didnt bother acting on anything. Once again no one gets the blame because of the way the HSE operates. If you go into wexford hospital today your more likely to come out with sometihng far worse then you went in there with. She is in charge of all this and its about fucking time she went!!1

she needs to go. she never seems to have been informed of the latest developments - i find this odd given that she is the ONE person who should be fully informed with regard to what is going on.
i cant say im aware of everything else she's been involved with or had to deal with since she became health minister but this cancer scandal is an abomination.

out the door mary.

my mum works in a hospital and she said that most of the nurses and doctors she's been speaking to don't think mary should resign for this.

I cant imagine how those poor women must feel..

Just in case anyone missed this, well worth reading.
including the bit where it says she was minister for finance, and decided budgets for all other departments, including health?
if they can't get details like that right, i'm not going to give the rest of the article a second glance.

responseable...responseable...highered...some one ...some one...isnt ...scandle...Now its coming...didnt bother to inform cork ...sperialist.
If im not...nations media infrom...
the dunnes...But it didnt...they didnt...wexford hospital today your more likely...

I'm gonna seem like an absolute cunt for doing this, but the arguments for blaming Harney for the cancer debacle are similar to blaming Hanafin for the above spelling/grammar mistakes. A Minister administrates, they do not micromanage. As much as I dislike Harney and her privitisation agenda, she shouldn't, and won't, be fired for this.

Do people think that we should have the same level of health care for all in the state, or is it better to have a public/private system? (ideally)

personally i think that everyone should be entitled to good health care regardless of whether or not they earn less than everyone else. i dont understand the economics of it though - maybe its not possible?

Ideally: everything public, everything paid for with tax.

Except maybe cosmetic surgery and stuff, maybe....I don't know where the line would be drawn with that.

personally i think that everyone should be entitled to good health care regardless of whether or not they earn less than everyone else. i dont understand the economics of it though - maybe its not possible?

It's definitely possible. The biggest problem is the size of a national health service, being big usually equals being inefficient, but I don't believe it has to be that way. A smaller problem is that people don't want to pay for it in their tax, but they already are paying loads into it so that point is moot IMHOOO.

I think that the doctors in this country are very well organised with regard to keeping the numbers entering the profession down so that they can keep their salaries high. That and the points required from the Leaving Cert are artificially high, I think. There's a lot of red tape in the way of doctors from different parts of the world praticing here too.

GPs in this country are fairly useless too in terms of their work mandate: you give them 50 yoyos and they either write you:

1. A sick note
2. A prescription
3. A referral

I think that the HSE is top heavy with administrators and not enough hospital staff, so a lot of money gets wasted on those cheeky civil servants.

I personally wouldn't mind paying more tax (when I eventually get a job in 3 or 4 years time) if it would result in a more efficient and equal health service though. I dont think its fair to let your income or status or whatever determine the length of your life.

Oh, and that fuck up about Harney having been the Minister for Finance totally destroyed that article.

SUPS!

umowlam98c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back