hattrick (3 Viewers)

old said:
Promising ways.
5 points clear approaching the halfway stage. And the first sellout in my new 60,000 capacity stadium last weekend. How is everyone else doing?

arse for promotion! getting close there though but i think you have home advantage for your tough games... fingers crossed.
talking to pad and i said mibbe he should get relegated on purpose, then splash the cash and win the IV.x division by a street and then tackle the III.x division with good morale and loadsa support etc. I've seen a fair amount of teams win the IV.x and the III.x in succession, I reckon the team stays on a roll after getting promoted.
bit of a disaster for meself at the start of the season. had a couple of weeks off there at the end of august and thought I'd put me team orders in, well I did but i fucked 'em up and stuck in 4-4-2 formations instead of the usual 3-5-2 and lost a league match and a cup match both only by a goal. balls. 7 wins in a row since then though but no chance of promotion. 2nd for 5 seasons running?

Aye. Arse can't afford any more slip ups. Trying to improve the goal difference with a 3-4-3 formation this week. Dicey.
Damn Milan Celtic. Hope you get them on the final day...

I have a quick question for you old hattrick pro's. If you are playing 3-5-2, is it best to try and use three central defenders at the back, or do you just play as a 4-4-2 with wingbacks and push one central defender infield?

four games, still looking for my first win. Feckin game. Dudgod are gonna murder me next week.

Robbie Analog said:
I have a quick question for you old hattrick pro's. If you are playing 3-5-2, is it best to try and use three central defenders at the back, or do you just play as a 4-4-2 with wingbacks and push one central defender infield?

four games, still looking for my first win. Feckin game. Dudgod are gonna murder me next week.

i play 352 (442 with one central defender pushed into midfield) and set the two 'wing' backs to devensive - this means they don't need winger skill (its only use for wing backs is in going forward) so yeah i pretty much have 3 centre backs in defense.

Cheers for that connor, better go buy me a couple of cheap players with half decent defending attributes!

conor said:
i play 352 (442 with one central defender pushed into midfield) and set the two 'wing' backs to devensive - this means they don't need winger skill (its only use for wing backs is in going forward) so yeah i pretty much have 3 centre backs in defense.

old said:
Aye. Arse can't afford any more slip ups. Trying to improve the goal difference with a 3-4-3 formation this week. Dicey.
Damn Milan Celtic. Hope you get them on the final day...

Waheey...I (Joe Deegans Eyebrows) trounced my IV league and am now in the same league as Arse Utd...won't be maintaining my team much though since I'm off travelling, so it'll be walkovers all round...lucky if I stay up.

Beanstalk said:
Waheey...I (Joe Deegans Eyebrows) trounced my IV league and am now in the same league as Arse Utd...

Fair balls! i think pad's coldspoons got relegated on purpose and should win their IV.x league easy next year. I just missed out in me last game - was winning 3-1 and 4-3 and then got an injury in the 70th minute and lost 6-4 - i would've got automatic promotion and all. 5 seasons in a row in 2nd...

Robbie Analog said:

actually, looking into it more it seems that pushing one wing back into midfield is the strongest 3-5-2 to play - just don't always push up the same one or people will exploit that side.

After 5 second placings in a row, this is a nightmare season.
What happened to the Eyebrows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back