hattrick (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
http://www.hattrick.org
so's who's a playin - are ye all still in the cup?
i'm stuck in III.8 (Derrylahan F.C.) still - maybe relegation and rebuilding is the key.
one tip - since i moved to 3-5-2 i've lost just once in about 15 games. including thrashing arse utd. and coldspoons. :) the most successful team in ireland also use this tactic.

here - how's aboot we set up a round-robin friendlies tournament?

arse utd
dudgod
derrylahan
coldspoons

anyone else?

grand so - we'll keep it fairly loosely organised - basically just stick up the results of any friendlies between these teams and we'll do up a table.
i'm pathetic. really. i know.

Well Sparta Stalk has finally entered the brave new world of Hattrick management. Has anyone got any tips for the beginner?

It looks like I'll need to delve into the transfer market fairly lively because I've been lumped with a lot of dead weight, but I suppose thats the whole idea of it...work your way up and all that.

Any of you paying for the extra 'Hattrick Supporter' feature?

well met! what league are you in? anyways some tips:

1. choose a preferred tactic - 3-5-2 (push one central def. into inner mid.) is a big favourite with alot of the more successful teams. use 4-4-2 in league matches until you gain enough experience with your preferred tactic through friendlies then stick to the preferred tactic. one thing i've noticed is that you should tailor the individual instructions to the player (offensive/defensive etc.)

2. when buying players check other countries. some good countries are usa, uk and sweden - esp sweden as this is where the main server is located and so there are loadsa players and they win the hattrick world cup all the time etc. but also means the market is saturated and you get good prices. where the irish market can be fairly pricey and static.

3. set your youth team thing to €20000 per week and once it is solid you can promote one youth player each week. you'll usually get one or two decent players in the season (14 weeks) and a couple more you can sell off. with this in mind i would sell anything decent outside your first 11 as these bench warming places will be filled by promoted youth players - no need to build a big squad either, hattrick is more geared towards constantly fielding your best 11. i think i only have 20 players at most.

4. short term - expand the stadium - alot of revenue comes in from this. a good breakdown of %'s is:
terracing - 60%
basic seating - 25%
seats under roof - 13%
vip - 2%
these %'s are based on how the fans actually distribute themselves. for a long time i had about 40% terracing and it was full while the basic seating and seats under roof were only half full.

5. if you can afford it then hire a goalkeeping coach and one or two extra outfield coaches and maybe a physio too to start with.

that's it for the moment i think. then again i might not be the best to give advice as i've not been promoted yet but i have been 2nd in my division the last two seasons. (and have given pad, joss and dudley the odd spanking)

oh - i joined the supporter thing. it adds a few frills that keep you occupied for a while (you can get supporter stats on loadsa things) but it doesn't give you any firm advantage i don't think.

i'm managing derrylahan in III.8, i think joss' arse utd are in III.7 and dudley's dudgod are in IV.9 and pad's coldspoons fc are in III.14.

lettuce know if you have any more q's

just had a quick look at your team - i'd replace the coach as he's only 'inadequate' - you'll want a 'passable' coach.
also i'd say the team is in bad form as far as morale goes so a sprts psychologist might be a good investment if you want to stay up. if you don't mind going down in order to build and come back up then plough the dough into youth and stadium investment to try and have a good setup for the start of the next season.

the first match of the round robin is in progress.
arse utd. vs dudgod
who'll be the early table toppers?
try and organise friendlies between each other as often as ye can (otherwise this could go on for years...)

arse utd.
coldspoons f.c.
Derrylahan F.C.
dudgod
Sparta Stalk

an awesome 7-1 win for arse vs dudgod! goal difference could be important ;)
if anyone wants to challenge me they'll have to wait until tomorrow 'cos me team's flying back from Germany (how fancy).

Sparta stalk vs Derrylahan F.C...the minnows take on the veterans...can the Stalk take a shock result at home in front of their disgruntled fans. Maybe the arrival of a flair side like Derrylahan will bring the locals flocking back to the Arena to support their boyhood team.

We should include athletico madouva (73481) too!

I've challenged Pat Spooner but if he doesn't respond I have another challenge from Dudley. Are we doing home and away?

To make it easier for challenges:
coldspoons f.c. (32011)
Sparta Stalk (31876)
Derrylahan F.C. (31972)
arse utd (31887)
dudgod (31879)

Originally posted by old
We should include athletico madouva (73481) too!

I've challenged Pat Spooner but if he doesn't respond I have another challenge from Dudley. Are we doing home and away?

To make it easier for challenges:
coldspoons f.c. (32011)
Sparta Stalk (31876)
Derrylahan F.C. (31972)
arse utd (31887)
dudgod (31879)
athletico madouva (73481)

home and away aye - we'll get the madouva's in there too.
i'm making my excuses now - i'll be playing mostly second-string players in these games - except against coldspoons 'cos the cup defeat earlier in the year still stings ;)

How do you get rid of your coach and get a new one? I have the option to 'hire and fire' goalkeeping or assistant coaches but not my main coach (who is listed as player). I went looking for coaches in the transfer market but there is no coach category, just defender, midfielder etc.

Also, how do I get rid of shite players? Do I have to transfer them or can I give them their marching orders to cut down my wages bill.

you can sack the coach under "Training" - it costs about 10000 a go so is expensive.
to get rid of players you can choose to "fire Player" when looking at their stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back