hanging guitars on wall - (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
In my wild youth musical instruments were there to be left under beds or abandoned in dank rehearsal room when not in immediate use. Guitars hung on walls were what sad middle aged centrist dad's did when the height of their rockin days were behind them.

Following on having work done on the house I've hung a few up in the sitting room - having them immediately to hand is something I like, and they look nice.

so thumped....

- was I wrong
or
- am I now a sad middle age centrist dad

Growing up my dads spanish guitars were hanging on the wall and in constant use so it was always fairly normal for me.

Putting them behind glass or nailing them up or something would be crossing the line.

You were not wrong and you most likely are a sad middle age centrist dad BUT they do look nice and it is good to have them to hand. The problem is that to others a guitar sitting unused on the walls, especially owned by a Dad, raises the question of how often does it get used? Most people will presume never and that it's just there for the memories, so that's sad. To take a guitar off the wall and play while visitors are in the house is a sin of the highest order so you can't prove them wrong.

Basically you're no better than Joe Wicks.

17477800-0-image-a-8_1566296085369.jpg

In my wild youth musical instruments were there to be left under beds or abandoned in dank rehearsal room when not in immediate use. Guitars hung on walls were what sad middle aged centrist dad's did when the height of their rockin days were behind them.

Following on having work done on the house I've hung a few up in the sitting room - having them immediately to hand is something I like, and they look nice.

so thumped....

- was I wrong
or
- am I now a sad middle age centrist dad

I would like to keep all my guitars on display but the strings go off on them so the ones I'm not using stay in their cases. I keep my acoustic and a guitar and a bass beside me in the shed

Just keep them dusted so no one knows you've been skiving

I hung my acoustic on the wall during the summer. It was sort of tucked away behind our book shelf before that and in the way of a couple of sockets so it's much better now. It's always to hand and I never commit the sin of playing it when people call over.

Or, at the moment, have people call over

You were not wrong and you most likely are a sad middle age centrist dad BUT they do look nice and it is good to have them to hand. The problem is that to others a guitar sitting unused on the walls, especially owned by a Dad, raises the question of how often does it get used? Most people will presume never and that it's just there for the memories, so that's sad. To take a guitar off the wall and play while visitors are in the house is a sin of the highest order so you can't prove them wrong.

Basically you're no better than Joe Wicks.

17477800-0-image-a-8_1566296085369.jpg
rightly or wrongly I associate PRS guitars with wankers. rightly in this case. the interior designer probably got them for him.

I hung my acoustic on the wall during the summer. It was sort of tucked away behind our book shelf before that and in the way of a couple of sockets so it's much better now. It's always to hand and I never commit the sin of playing it when people call over.

Or, at the moment, have people call over

this is it really - I did/do have quite a few bits out anyway, but they're on stands/propped in corners etc.

we don't have people over, being a prick and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back