Hands up if you bought a green hoodie from H&M (1 Viewer)

see discussion re: blue coat with furry collar from H&M between myself and Zita last week. I have seen approx 4 million of them since I purchased same.

broken arm said:
man they are everywhere. i see at least 5 a day.

hate mass production.

h&m is the new hobo.
most of their clothing in the dublin stores is gack compared to london or barcelona. as with all things dublin gets the leftovers. i remember going into topmanshop in jervis and they were selling tshirts with the union jack and the word geezer underneath. for fucks sake could they make it any more obvious they were offloading their unsellable crap from their uk stores and charging full whack for it.

can you imagine leaving the shop wearing that. you wouldnt make it past dunnes on henry street you'd be jack lynched by the champion sports wing of irish republicanism

Some genius down limerick is selling hoodies with "No to Noonan", "Check my Pockets" and "I'm not a thief; it's just cold out" slogans written on them when that hoodies=thieves hilarity was going on last october. Made a fortune.

i bought a red and black stripey jumper here in germany and i was wearing it when we were playing in the roisin on new years eve. about 5 other people had the exact same jumper. one guy even told me he had to take it off cos he didnt want to look like some kind of über ghostwood fan.:rolleyes:

frambosenshmak said:
h&m is the new hobo.
most of their clothing in the dublin stores is gack compared to london or barcelona. as with all things dublin gets the leftovers.

H&M is totally crap. I was in the Henry St branch the other day and I couldn't find anything worth buying. All I wanted was a plain jumper.

I got pissed off so went to HMV and spent my money intended for purchasing a top on The Day Today dvd instead. Clothes shopping sucks.

spiritualtramp said:
I got pissed off so went to HMV and spent my money intended for purchasing a top on The Day Today dvd instead. Clothes shopping sucks.

haha deadly

Watch out for the easter eggs

DISC 1

Collatallie Sisters Interviews Gareth Whitehall - Go to the episode selection menu up to episode 5. Go back to 4, and then to 5 again, and a soundbite from Doon will play and a big number 7 shall appear. Press the number 7 and enter to hear the sketch.

Peter O'Hanraha'hanrahan Reports From The World Trade Centre - Go to the very main menu and leave it running for a while. It will play on its own.

DISC 2

Partridge And Morris Discuss Assassinations And Conspiracy Theories - Go to the very main menu and leave it running for a while. It will play on its own. This is the best of the new sketches, it's simply superb.

Partridge and Morris Discuss The World - Watch News Stories all the way through, then leave the menu running afterwards. Wait a while, and it will play. Only a very short bit this, but it's there regardless.

Reunion Sketch - Very fiddly this. I'm not 100% certain whether I'm remembering it correctly, but you need to find the above Easter Egg, then go into any submenu (Mininews, Pilot or Extended Scenes), and return to the main extras menus. Then wait a long time - the menu loop will play through completely, then a different menu loop will follow where all the spheres will eventually run out and disappear off screen. After this, another menu loop will play, heralding the theme music and the reunion sketch (presumably the beginning of an abandoned in-character commentary). I think that's right anyway.

Disc 2 - Mini News - Go to 4 and press up for the State of the Union Address

Disc 2 - Extended Scenes - Go to BACK and press down for the Coogan interview on the Mark Radcliffe show.

H&M though is a "glammed up" wear place. I went in there looking for a plain black hoodie and ran into poseur riot grrl ireland.:eek:

Fashion is a really horrible drapey, feathery, sequincy, "ethnic" and boobs everywhere nightmare. Are there people in the pale who wear this shite daily? I'm so fucking glad to be isolated in uniformed catholic schooling for once!

Hands up if you got one of those bargain plain 9 squid hoodies in Pennies two months ago?

Bargain.

Zeelander said:
I have a green hoodie from H&M. I bought it overseas a couple of years ago though when Dublin had no H&M. And Wheels has a matching one.

did he buy his overseas too, is that why its matching? you know what they say about imitation being a sign of flattery.

hard to be a fashion leader when you're following the h&m trail although ladies you do have the pick of the crop when it comes to selection.

ever wonder why affordable fashion for men consists of limited blocks of clothing with the following colours; black, blue, brown, green, red, or grey. and usually comprises selections of
hoody or tshirt
baggy chords or bootcut jeans

you'd be pretty pissed if your selection box at christmas was that limited in choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back