Hallelujah (2 Viewers)

Rufus doing it live at the EP was OK, but it felt kind of weird listening to it in what amounted to a field with a bunch of people getting tearful around me, and he can't hold a note cleanly enough to do it justice.

Lenny doesn't have the voice for it, I don't think. Respect though.
Haven't heard the John Cale version. Is there any viola?
For sheer soulshredding and dare I say it, elegiac impact, it's gotta be Jeff.

What about the Bob Dylan version (Live, late 80s)

none of the above

Happy-Mondays-Madchester-Rave-O-117982.jpg

This is a damn freaky coincidence. My brother's listening to the Buckley one right now. I like the John Cale and *don't hit me!* K.D. Lang versions too.

Rufus can't hold a note cleanly enough to do it justice.

I saw him do it live before (or possibly live footage) and it was impeccable, and I'm very sensitive to bum notes. I'm also very sensitive to criticism of our Roofy and I won't hear a word said against him.

Lenny doesn't have the voice for it, I don't think. Respect though.

Oh Lenny. What a king amongst singers. What an anomaly. He can't 'sing' to save his life but I couldn't ever subscribe to the notion that he can't sing his own songs. He makes my cockles all warm.

That said, I think Jeff Buckley's version is great.
For some reason, I can't even hear John cale's version in my head now.

Good thread Wheeliebin

It's a real hit with the ladies. But I'm always so immersed in my music that I don't even notice. I just sit in the corner, strumming and being sensitive.

Oh, and sighing.

there's absolutely no contest. jeff wins it hands down. was actually listening to Grace last night - i tend to forget what a great album it is.
ah jeff. why did you up and leave, you honey-vocaled God!

Jeff Buckley no contest...that is the most impressive recorded performance I have ever heard...he holds that note for at least 3 days.

What about Damien Rice's version? Ahem...remember him, that little fella from Kildare who released an album back in the 80's or something...rumour has it he dated sigourney Weaver in his hey day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back