half yearly best of lists creeping out now... (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I said it I've coined it Googlerock.

I think I wrote a long (very long) diatribe about Yuck which was along the same lines of what this lad is saying about Savages.

To be fair Savages sound like they are no craic whatsoever though.

Sometimes I think a piece like that one about Savages is more about the writer trying to show off his superior knowledge of music than anything else.

I like how disappointed he is that it's not authentic, like he's fucking owed something from the music he listens to. If I ever felt like that about music, i'd cut my fucking ears off.

and both of my dicks

I like that word. I can see myself using it a lot before writing up about in in the obnoxious musical words thread in a few weeks time.

Heard 1 or 2 songs by savages. They sound grand but nothing really grabbed me about them.

I've read collapseboard a few times, not that savages review mind. I remember there being some good articles there a while back but mostly it just seems angry and bitter about the fact that it's not pitchfork. Also, it how highlights how useless of a writer Everett True is.

Speaking of Pitchfork: http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9163-overlooked-records-2013/

And my own list: Enemies: Embark, Embrace
Parquet Courts
Deafheaven
Shannon and the Clams
Kylesa's new one

And I'm gonna put the last Pig Destroyer album in there even though it came out last year

I'm actually struggling to think of any others right now

Í want to pick up Marnie Stern's album but haven't seen it anywhere

probably my favourite song of this half year.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like her coat. Definitely in my top 5 pop videos with a woman in a coat for the year so far.

I got around to hearing all of the savages album yesterday. I think it's great. Listened to it 3 times in between watching Nardwaur interviews

I can see where people are getting the Logikparty comparisons alright

Really like this one as well

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Again, I have no clue because I have listened to fuck all new stuff in the last two years.
I think this officially makes me old.

I was at a party a couple of weeks ago (well, a "let's drink cans after the pub and dance in the living room thing") and thought the band one of my female friends put on was good.

"I quite like that....who's singing that?"
"Haim"
"Who?"
"Haim!"
"Oh, they're quite good, aren't they?".

Then I discover the next day that they're not even that hip and I'm a bit of a doofus for liking Haim.

Once you're past 30, ya can't win.

Nonsense, Haim won BBC's sound of 2013 so they're a million miles from hip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back