half yearly best of lists creeping out now... (1 Viewer)

nutmeg81

this is a list from an oz site i check out most days and i rarely get round to listen to newer music til its kinda old news so hadn't heard any of these 15 yet, but really liking the Parquet Courts track and local Melbourne band Underground Lovers first new album in over a decade:

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/07/01/the-15-best-albums-of-2013-so-far/

The chap who does the Uncut playlists has his list out as does State so far.

I picked up Parquet Courts album last week and I'm really liking it. Wasn't sure about it on first listen but then I played it 3 times in a row on Saturday. That almost never happens these days. It's like a mix of minutemen, black flag and jonathan richman. I'm probably building it up too much now

i don't really mind them - i'm always trawling them for movies when i'm tired.

It does sorta annoy me that the music ones for 'the year' more or less start in november - If people need time off at christmas, then leave them till January.

Indeed,when did half yearly lists become the norm ?

When music bloggers realised they're cheap ways of getting page views.

Crossref: Nialler9. He has weekly "XX songs you should hear this week" and then "Nialler9's XX best songs of MONTH".

I've listened to lots of new albums but I don't think I've heard any of the ones on that Irish Times list. I haven't heard of most of them even.

Oh I don't mind him. I don't generally share his taste in music but he's another voice and we'd be worse off without him imho. I like reading his stuff about 'the biz' in Ireland and he's occasionally turned me onto a few bands....

I suppose he could do with making less snippy and dismissive comments considering he's bad at taking them himself, but well, whatever, that can be applied to a lot of us.

i don't really mind them - i'm always trawling them for movies when i'm tired.

It does sorta annoy me that the music ones for 'the year' more or less start in november - If people need time off at christmas, then leave them till January.

Yeah. Surely end of year lists shouldn't start until mid December at the earliest?

woefully safe list from Jim there

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/now-that-s-what-i-call-2013-so-far-1.1444833?page=1

that is to say I haven't listened to even half the albums he's listed.

I wonder if i've listened to 20 new albums this year? I certainly haven't liked 20 new albums.
i think i've bought 15 albums so far this year and have a list of 10 more that are out currently that i haven't.

but i am easily pleased :D

this might be the year music sends me bankrupt :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back