thegoone

Website
mushroomjohn.com
LUAS tram involved in minor collision with car
01/07/2004 - 12:17:08

One of Dublin's new LUAS trams was involved in a minor collision with
a car on Harcourt
Street this morning.

The collision happened while the car was turning onto the street.

Around 300 passengers were temporarily evacuated from the tram before
being allowed to
board again a short time later.

Nobody was injured in the incident and it caused no delays to the LUAS
service, which
began operating at 3pm yesterday.

Yeah, it's totally understandable that cars will be boucning off the yoke.

Can't wait until the grannies get crushed in the doors. Walked past the queue at st.stephen's green earlier. fucking hell, it's like a day out at the beach, except they're all excited about boarding a bloodly tram. jaysus, wha'?

a bloke in work just rang and told me one nearly hit him in his car
he said theyre supposed to be synchronised with the lights but they obviously arent as he said the lights were green at the time

what a fuckin hoot!!!
good ol' eire

Cormcolash said:
Fuckin right, imagine having your car smashed up by a tram!
saw a few collisions in melbourne... put me off the idea of sitting on the ledge at the back with my skateboard. specially cos the inspectors there are dopey and you can weasel out of getting caught by saying you were on the way to the train station or something...
the worst thing about trams is getting off them and walking straight into fast moving traffic. somehow i kept surviving- probably my latent mutant abilities in action.

Anyone see the piece in the times there last week about an elderly woman in Germany who was killed by a tram? Her daughter received a letter from the tram company some time later - it was a bill for almost €6000 for tram repairs!

Apparently it was funnier in German - something was lost in the translation.

The luas is absolute insanity I`m always checking for it coming for me over my shoulder and watching to make sure im not on the tracks of death . Basically its a big truck with no brakes tearing around in the middle one of the most densley packed cities in Europe . Drunk Irish ppl cant even dodge cars in the slow traffic for fuck sakes . Dustin the the turkey drew a sketch his own his own national stadium on the Den with the Luas running across the pitch ,sums the whole Farce up perfectly . Id say 75 ppl will be killed or maimed before xmas . Whats with all the spanners cueing for the free ride as well . I saw a cue that could have been a couple of Hundred deep and growing waitin ages for a spin . Fuck sakes ye tools youl get a go on it eventually chill out to fuck ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back