Guna Nua ? (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

Thinking about buying this in ebay. It will be about $100 inclusive of shipping

GreenVelveteen2.jpg

oh how pretty is that?im on a big shopping embargo but ive been eyeing marc by marc jacobs stuff on the internet..

aaaaaa some infidel tried to outbid me... i taught him a lesson

here. i'm on my first ebay bid and there is only me and one other person bidding. there is a few days left. So, is leaving it and putting in a higher bid at the last minute scummy or normal ebay carry-on?

p.s. nice dress

normal scummy ebay carry on, leave it to the last 20-30 seconds or less if you feel daring.

Keep in mind they might have a higher maximum bid than the one you see though

very normal
i heard there's even a programme that will do it for you
ebay is swarming with hawkers and shitbags
not to put you off!

no,
everyone enters a maximum bid, but only pays incrementally above what the next highest bidder entered as their maximum bid. so if someone puts in £80, and the next highest bidder put in £70, then the current highest bid that you see is £71

ok i just upped my bid and instantly there was a match bid. i smell a (digital) rat.....

OR is that because the other dude has a higher max bid??

see, you're not meant to up your bid you're meant to put in your maximum bid. The maximum amount that you are willing to pay for the item

when you upped the bid did it say you were the current high bidder?
if so, then someone is matching your bids.. if not you've just pushed it closer to the high bidder's maximum amount

it's best to set your maximum bid and walk away. otherwise you get that will to power thing that compels people to keep upping the bid, refreshing the page like madmen as the seconds tick down, losing all concept of money, just upping the numbers, beating the other guy down, just for that sweet taste of victory... until they've spent way over the odds on something completely useless. i call it 'victory tax', but others see it as a waste.

it's best to set your maximum bid and walk away. otherwise you get that will to power thing that compels people to keep upping the bid, refreshing the page like madmen as the seconds tick down, losing all concept of money, just upping the numbers, beating the other guy down, just for that sweet taste of victory... until they've spent way over the odds on something completely useless. i call it 'victory tax', but others see it as a waste.

ha haa. there's no fear of that. the thing i'm bidding for would cost about 15 time more new. I'm suspicious it's so cheap and the other dudes bid appeared instantly and his name is 'bandit' something.

ha haa. there's no fear of that. the thing i'm bidding for would cost about 15 time more new. I'm suspicious it's so cheap and the other dudes bid appeared instantly and his name is 'bandit' something.

be sure to check the postage costs, you can get screwed with that if you're not careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back