guitar nerd shit (1 Viewer)

Damo,get a boss DS1,I've had loads of pedals and tried tons of others including some pretty fancy ones. I still think the DS1 is the best. It's probably one of the cheaper good pedals around as well. Metal zone is awful. Remember most metal bands guitar sounds are awful too.

tried a volume pedal? basically boosts the signal from the guitar, breaking the amp up all over the place for authentic valve noise. i dunno if a pedal can make the amp sound any 'bigger' than it already is tho. don't you use an 800 or 900? it's not like those mode 4 have been around forever...
but yeah, i've a rat and it's nice.

My DS-1 is in a bit of a jocker. so old. prolly fixable.

Had a lend of a Metal Zone once...it was fairly buzzy and gross.

Anthony said:
or get a pod.
That's it.
You're fired.

POD's are for assmasters.

Also, THIS is a Guv'nor...

Guvnor-front.jpg

What kind of distortion is it you're looking for exactly? Discribe it using as many odd similes as possible (grindy, fizzy, watery etc.)

I like to get a barely-to-somewhat distorted sound going on the gain channel, then whack an old Big Muff on there for some fuzz-out craziness. This way, I avoid the 'vagueness' that Big Muff solo can sometimes have.

Ahh, I just prefer the way the old one looks. Also, try dropping the new one down the stairs in the Rock Garden and seeing the stairs come off worse.

A really good substitute for tibe distortion is the Ibanez Tube Screamer. They are expensive (about 200 bob) but totally worth it esp when you are going into a valve head. You can really ride the distortion (they are very sensitive to the output signal from your guitar) but there is a real clarity to the individual strings, so chords as a result start sounding huge. I was whacking a Big Muff onto the end of that chain for a while but it started sounding gay. I imagine for a real whallop you could lash a Boss overdrive (maybe a turbo overdrive with the parametric eq) to give it the crunch, but i swear there really is no more beautiful sounding distortion I know of that a tele through a tube screamer into a valve amp.

I dont like Rat's, same problems as Big Muffs (loss of clarity in chords), I know Matty's sound is great but thats as much to do with his head and cab and his fucking brilliant guitars and playing. If your average guitarist puts some epiphone into a Rat and then into a shite amp it will sound like a turd.

i am totally fed up with all the boss stuff, you definitly lose loads of clarity and range... this lad looks like the shit:
Hdb_MK3.jpg

but i'm waiting to try and hear some sound samples before i splash out the big bucks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back