Gruff Solo Lp (1 Viewer)

Jimcorr said:
Anybody know when this is out?

I really want to get it as a present for a girleen who is leaving work on Friday but haven't seen it in the shops yet...

Mon Jan 24
- which means two things

1) The shops here will have it Fri Jan 21
2) The shops here won't have it till Fri Jan 28

depends on who is doing the distribution I believe. It may be the case that Vital releases fall into 2) category

nlgbbbblth said:
Mon Jan 24
- which means two things

1) The shops here will have it Fri Jan 21
2) The shops here won't have it till Fri Jan 28

depends on who is doing the distribution I believe. It may be the case that Vital releases fall into 2) category

Thanks for that.

HMV dude said he'd have it on Friday 21st, so I reserved a copy.
Dave from Road said it wont be until Friday 28th.

God is messing with me.... a neat trick for somebody who doesnt exist... :)

he's playing whelans in a few weeks y'know...
anyone here see him in the sugar club?
did he do some SFA songs?

Anybody know when this is out?

I really want to get it as a present for a girleen who is leaving work on Friday but haven't seen it in the shops yet...

God, that's mad. Haven't seen this girl in years. But just the other night I had a dream about her. She was on the far side of a room, but I couldn't get her attention, and despite trying to reach her, she kept remaining just out of reach.

She was a big Super Furries fan.

I saw him a few years back (2011?) and he was really, really good. I didn't know 80% of what he played but still really enjoyed it.

He had people coming on stage holding signs like this

p00q608z.jpg

I saw the documentary several months back about the album he's touring now (American Interior) which was quite good fun.. There's a loose concept there about a real 18th century Welsh explorer who travelled the USA looking for a lost tribe of Welsh-speaking Native Americans.. In the film Gruff was doing small shows around the US with an acoustic guitar and showing some humorous Powerpoint stuff to describe the story of that historical figure, not sure what the current gigs are like though. Was thinking of going to the Toronto show.

I've seen SFA a whole bunch of times. They used to be fucking dreadful live. Then somewhere around Guerilla they became absolutely amazing. They played two of the best shows I've ever seen. A mate of mine also went to there acoustic bingo requests show in Whelans which sounds like it would be a bit like Gruff live. Basically they had the artwork and names of songs on cardboard signs and people in the crowd could request whatever they wanted. Of course the crowd requested the most obscure things possible, which they then had to figure out how to play with acoustic instruments while floundering on stage. It sounded pretty bonkers, probably fairly middling if you weren't a die hard fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back