Groom/Brian Cullen's Love Bullets/Big Monster Love- BBR this Sat May 31 2008 (1 Viewer)

That was fantastic fun.

Brian Cullen's Love Bullets were great. That section of the gig where about 4 or 5 songs flowed into each other was great.

Big Monster Love has some really sweet songs. The first one (the one with line "Yellow plastic motorcycle") was particularly lovely.

Thanks to BCLB for having us.

Rachel, you need to give your students detention for leaving before our set!

Very enjoyable gig despite being extremely tired.

Highlights:

BML -- The "Ill love you until the parking meter runs out" song & disco knacker.
BCLB -- Mid set there was a song Rachel sang that was truly lovely, also the very last song.
Groom -- The song where the singer didn't play an instrument and just sang. "Love me aimlessly"? Also a very poppy song when both keyboards were utilized.

Great stuff all around.

A good night had by all. My sincerest thanks to Big Monster Love and Groom for great performances and being all round lovely people to work with for the evening. Their patience, good humour and all round wonderfulness made the evening go off without a hitch!

Also major thanks to everyone who came out to support the gig including lots of lovely thumped people. It was great to talk to some of you again and to meet some of you for the very first time (Ms. Hayworth.|..|).

all in all a great night, roll on CPR 3.0 in July. Date and bands to be confirmed soon......

All together now for a chorus of Disco knacker "I'm fucking class..I'm fucking class"

Oh and Ive a great story about trying to leave the car park of murray's at the end of the gig but I have to go out now so I'll spill when I get back...fucking comical and annoying in equal measures!:)

Highlight of my night was one of CPR's students asking me "what does 'fucking class' mean? Do you mean social class?"
BCLB and Groom rocked mightily! Next gig I'm printing out thumped name badges for everyone. :)

Hey all. Big thanks for the sexy time last night. Definitely one of the more erotic experiences I've had. I had to change my pants three times AND go on a drip to replenish bodily fluids.

Added note: I want your dress CPR. I was looking at it all night.

i bought it in Retro, George's Street. they have loads of deadly dresses there, i think they should sponsor me to be honest at this stage!Thanks for coming along Miss Hayworth. I'll post some pics tmrw, lots of lovely ones on ilovehoovering getting his groove on!

What a deadly night...It was my first time seeing both Big Monster Love and Groom and I was so loving both of them..Big Monster Love made me feel all melty and Groom were just deadly...I was dancing in my seat to that disco-y kinda one..And there is no way I'm believing the singer from Groom is over 15 and has 3 kids..Not a flippin chance..

Deadly buzz all round..

Oh yeah, tale to be told. So our drummer went out to get his car and drive it into the back of Murray's, we packed up the car, got the Chinese night porter to let us out only to find some cockmuncher had parked his car right across the exit from the car park thus preventing anyone from leaving the car park. Cue loads of bouncers coming over to us trying to help. So they went into the findlater pub announced over the PA "could the owner of the blah blah blah jeep registration blah blah blah please move his car as he is preventing people leaving the car park" so we wait and wait...but no sign

Cue second announcement on PA "could the owner of jeep blah blah blah move his car or we will burn it to the ground"

still no sign, so five bouncers LIFT the jeep out of the way, our drummer drives out and they place the jeep back to it's original position and call the cops to have it towed!!comedy gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back