CPR 005- Brian Cullen's Love Bullets& Groom-17th of July 2009 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3
Lovely Review From Road Records:

BRIAN CULLENS LOVE BULLETS OTHERWISE IT WILL BE THIS WAY FOREVER
the third ep from a band fast becomming one of our favourites on the local scene at the moment. as ever the ep is superbly packaged, these guys always put such love and effort into their releases. the ep comes in a lovely card sleeve with a foldout poster inner sleeve. along with the title track the ep also features six fifteen one eight oh eight, killing for company and its pretty much over already which also appeared on our road records sampler cd for record store day. this dublin based three piece have an overall sound with really reminds us of some of those classic early factory records with a production quality that a certain mr martin hannett would be proud to call his own. there is a certain new wave feel about it with moments harking back to both joy division and very early new order. dark hearted indie rock at its very very finest. july 2009
cleft palate records cds 4.99

This was the best night of my life. Many thanks to all who made an effort to come down and very special thanks goes to the ever lovely, rocking Groom who were played an amazing set and are genuinely nice people to be around and make putting on a gig considerably less stressful.

Three cheers for Groom.

Hip Hip!

Are Heaven 17 any good? Never really heard much of their stuff. recommend me a good album by them please!!

yes yes yes.

I recommend their second album, The Luxury Gap. It's pretty perfect from start to finish.

nlgbbbblth however says their first album, Penthouse and Pavement, is their best. I understand why. Get them both.

Their third album, How Men Are, has my favourite song by them ever, Sunset Now, and also their 12 minute masterpiece 'And that's no lie'. It's possibly their best artistically speaking, lots of good lyrics about a party at the end of the world which I think is a great concept, but a bit difficult to get into.

After this they're still good but they lost a bit of their identity. Don't buy a best of, their single edits can be a bit weird and not as powerful.

here's the video to Sunset Now, as someone pointed out it looks a bit like a homemade version of Take on Me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back