greatest debut album? (1 Viewer)

Van Morrison made half a dozen amazing albums imho. It doesn't help that your alternative is the bed wetting stylings of Sparklepony

Has anyone mentioned Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath?

Mormon Nailer said:
I can't listen to it without laughing. The nonsense lyrics, the air of stupid mysticism, the self congratulatory air of jazzy improvisation - I hate it all. I hear Madam George and all I feel is embarassed for the man.

Even if the album does sound pretty in places it really is overblown overearnest drivel.

The fact that the man has done nothing subsequently except grunt and squeal would indicate that he really never had anything to say.

Vinnie said:
Van Morrison made half a dozen amazing albums imho. It doesn't help that your alternative is the bed wetting stylings of Sparklepony

Has anyone mentioned Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath?

iyHo

If Van could write a song as good as Maria's Little Elbows he would not be half a grumpy as he is now. He knows in his heart what a spoofer he is, that's why he is such a disagreeable twat all the time.

B0009RJPC8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mormon Nailer said:
And as to the bed wetting bit you should check out the story behind the Good Morning Spider album. Mark Linkus has been through quite a bit - Stuart Murdoch he certainly is not!

Linkous was technically dead for a while and wheelchair bound for a year.
Stuart Murdoch has ME.
who wins?

wot no dog eared memories????

can't believe nobody's mentioned this beauty:

LedZeppelin-1.jpg

definitely their best album imo

GORILLAMUNCH said:
sloan - is that 'rock for light'? mine looks different (re-ish, natch - colouring)
roir tape is better - preachin to the choir

this:
e62520eusx4.jpg

It is indeed Rock For light,first press(euro version)on line records. Yeah the tape's probably better ,but may not count for this discussion.
Group Sex is indeed a classic debut.

Charlie Bucket said:
Linkous was technically dead for a while and wheelchair bound for a year.
Stuart Murdoch has ME.
who wins?

He also has to wear calipers on his legs because his legs had started to go necrotic because from the way he was slumped over there was no circulation.

But Stuart wants a cup of tea and a hot water bottle.

Bless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back