greatest debut album? (2 Viewers)

i only ever really liked one track off 'Von'....

maybe i didn't give it a chance.

devo_devof.jpg

100446.jpg
figgis.jpg

loop_finding_jazz_records.jpg

Anthony said:

An irish guy put out that record; second release on Bar/None records. himself and a mate started the label in Hoboken, nj, and hit pay dirt when they met TMBG. living in the clare now. had to interview him recently. nice guy.

John D'oh said:
An irish guy put out that record; second release on Bar/None records. himself and a mate started the label in Hoboken, nj, and hit pay dirt when they met TMBG. living in the clare now. had to interview him recently. nice guy.

all shrimp boat fans owe him a huge debt, so. yo la tengo, too.

John D'oh said:

it is my dream to retire to the west of ireland too!

John D'oh said:

Not just Irish - Limerick
He also released this:

Which is one of the best albums ever never mind debeuts.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
COMUS%281%29.jpg

never heard their second, but this is unreal etc
second one isn't a patch on first utterance. not that much else is but it's pretty poor by any standards really. still some pretty cool stuff on it though. can do you a copy and pass it on at whitehouse if you want.

re: best debut ...
B000024VT8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Unknown Convict said:
hang on... was that not his second album. no wait, his third. but, but...

Not to my knowledge. Tell me more if you know differently. I'd love to hear anything else by him. Heard he has a new album ready to go but won't release it because he's bored with it. :mad:

Best debuts for me would probably be some classics like Television's marquee moon, the velvets first, never mind the bollocks. Personal favourites include red house painter's first and rufus wainwright's eponymous debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back