Grafitti (2 Viewers)

thats a quote from kurt cobain that is, and the funny thing is that once in my youth i was asked to play the guitar for the local church group during easter, so i agreed after some arm twisting, anyway i was down in the church for a practise and there i was sitting with my legs outstretched in front of me with the priest sitting not too far from where i was when one of my friends started laughing and pointing at my feet, of course on the edge of my converse was scrawled the legend "God is Gay".

i haven't been back to church since.

Out my way there's a wall with PRICK sprayed on it in pink spray. As if that wasn't funny enough, somehas started to paint over it in white... exactly over the pink! So now it just says PRICKin white (well half of it).

I really must take a picture of it.

Graffiti written into wet cement on pavements around the South Circular Rd:

1) "If you walk on this you are gay". I did, so I must be.
2) "Fuck your tits" - I don't know why, but I find the fact that somebody took the trouble to write this in wet cement inexplicably hilarious

As you leave Broomebridge station (a national treasure in it's own right), there is a cement thingy that has written on it:

"Larry wants a job"

Very very quiet today.....

!cheezy

At the bus stop I waited at on my way to school, someone wrote.

"The bus driver blows goats."

It was funny at the time.

I think the cheese has scared people away.

!cheezy !cheezy !cheezy

my favourite is " you are gay and and your fambly" what was written on a phone box on henry street. deadly.

On a wall were I grew up in Kilbarrack (a funny grafitti heaven):

"I rode your ma"

that word "rode".
I love it.

and I love the simple ones, like

"fanny"

"You're dead"

"Cacko Ward's ma"

Originally posted by Lolo
Graffiti written into wet cement on pavements around the South Circular Rd:

1) "If you walk on this you are gay". I did, so I must be.
2) "Fuck your tits" - I don't know why, but I find the fact that somebody took the trouble to write this in wet cement inexplicably hilarious

In similar concrete grafittio stylings, I noticed the other day that someone scrawled into the once wet cement of the pavement opposite the Phibsboro Tesco (worst Tesco in Ireland - but that's a whole new thread) the legend 'GEE'

i bet it was your dead and not you're dead.

when i was a nipper, lets say about six, and i'd go on me merry jaunts into town on the rob, cos i lived a ten minute walk away, i had some reputaion and these two idoits grabbed me and held me up against a door and gave me a list of things they wanted me to nick and then one says if you don't, we will kill you. and to reiterate this point, he wrote it on the door, or rather the pillar next to the door, with a tiny pencil he had. he wrote " we will kell you ". i had to laugh. how are you going to kill me when you can't even spell it? i didn't say. ah, better days.

i checked many, many years later and it was still there. i reckon it's gone now.

and what about that graffitti somewhere that forever said "no to the eec". i thinks that's still there. it's as old as i am.

Originally posted by billygannon
As you leave Broomebridge station (a national treasure in it's own right), there is a cement thingy that has written on it:

"Larry wants a job"

Very very quiet today.....

!cheezy

Broombridge station is truly the jewel in the crown of Iarnrod Eireann suburban rail stations. Lovely swathes of shattered concrete to prevent joyriding, horses a-graze alongside, the artfully placed burned out carcasses of many, many motor vehicles, plus devastated platform fixtures and fittings all add up to the sort of thing we want tourists to see.

Anyway just before you get to Castleknock station, spraypainted onto the M50 junction are the words 'Docker is a rapest'

and in Coolmine station someone has scratched into one of the supporting bridge posts 'Bogger Lover'

actually Bogger Lover is my favourite piece of grafitti EVER.

Last count I made there were fourteen burnt out cars at Vroome Bridge.
It's so bad, that the lads were taking up the paving on the platform....

And there's no place to buy tickets as far as I could see....

Originally posted by billygannon
Last count I made there were fourteen burnt out cars at Vroome Bridge.
It's so bad, that the lads were taking up the paving on the platform....

And there's no place to buy tickets as far as I could see....

And you are surprised at this? You can't buy tickets at that station, you have to pay at the station you get off at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back