Graffiti, etchings, scribbles, general unauthorised writings on wall (1 Viewer)

The corpo graffitti people round my way paint the swastikas out in a swastika shape and as the paint colour never matches the wall colour, the painted over swastika looks like.....

A swastika!

Bravo!

I love the way they do that. In fairness, you can only sandblast certain types of things without taking the paint off as well. So, even if they did that or used some chemical agent, it'd probably look the same.

They had a great one in the Fingla' a while back where certain people were named as rats. Eamonn was spelt Amin.

I particularly love the classic, "Fuck De Garda." Poor fucker.

2310155451_f3d2eb349b.jpg

just off ipanema beach. rio. (yeah, i know - move along)

2310158679_9a48f4f42d.jpg

la paz, bolivia. bizzarrely enough.

there's an amazing tradition of highly poloticised stencil art in south america. this obviously not being a prime example. i've a shitload of tasty street art from our travels which i'll throw up over the next while.

garota de ipanema = "girl from ipanema" in portugese. like the song.
so i think it translates to "whale girl from ipanema...900kg of tenderness"

:)

2310158679_9a48f4f42d.jpg

la paz, bolivia. bizzarrely enough.

there's an amazing tradition of highly poloticised stencil art in south america. this obviously not being a prime example. i've a shitload of tasty street art from our travels which i'll throw up over the next while.

Yeh, I have tons of photos from walking around the middle of Santiago of politicized stencils etc. Some of them very good.

And Barcelona has loads too....Here's a few photos I took in 2004.

i1622637_BarcelonaAug2004002.jpg

i1622639_BarcelonaAug2004010.jpg

i1622642_BarcelonaAug2004016.jpg

----

edit: shit I ballsed that up, click the blue links above and you'll see the images anyway.

God I'm lazy.

I'm waiting for something to upload. Something wrong with the hosting right now though.

wheers that top won taken its bloody deadly grati i just think i could get a better photo quick tell me... got ab it of blow

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back