govindas (1 Viewer)

I have too much hate in me to eat in govindhas. My vibes cause all the hippies to get indigestion and start crying.

Probe. Now that place was the shit. Everyone in there was either pissed off, hungover or both.I miss that kip somthing awful. All day breakfast, i could eat breakfast in there all day.

I have too much hate in me to eat in govindhas. My vibes cause all the hippies to get indigestion and start crying.

Probe. Now that place was the shit. Everyone in there was either pissed off, hungover or both.I miss that kip somthing awful. All day breakfast, i could eat breakfast in there all day.

gawd i know; i used to work next door so we were in there every day. trish the cook - what a legend. that girl wouldnt sleep for days and she'd be in there hunched over the fryer. haha. loved it.
ian was a legend too. think he's gone back to bike couriering now.

gawd i know; i used to work next door so we were in there every day. trish the cook - what a legend. that girl wouldnt sleep for days and she'd be in there hunched over the fryer. haha. loved it.
ian was a legend too. think he's gone back to bike couriering now.

Was ian the older guy with the extensive knowledge of everything Van Morrison? Practicly threw me into the record shop outside and made me buy Astral Weeks when i said i'd never listened to it. Then served me breakfast; all day. Everytime one of these little gems close down a little part of me dies.

Remember the Red Rose/Wed Wose?

Shoot, i'm welling up here...

Anyone remember the alpha cafe with the pepsi sign at the bottom of exchequer street? That was a great spot for a fried slice and a pot of tea for one.

Anyone remember the alpha cafe with the pepsi sign at the bottom of exchequer street? That was a great spot for a fried slice and a pot of tea for one.

Amen to that, one of the best breakfasts in town. That little room on the left was a great hideout, although I always felt bad for making the aul wan shuffle all the way in there with my extra toast.

Conversation between a waitress and a certain infamous loon:

Loon: 'Ah'll have a pottah tee, schum butta and a schone.'
spanish waitress: 'Que?'
Loon: 'Ah'll have a POTTAH tee, schum BUTTA and a schone.'
spanish waitress: 'Sorry, no..what?'
Loon: 'Ah'll have a POTTAH tee, schum BUTTA and a SCHONE.'

Was ian the older guy with the extensive knowledge of everything Van Morrison? Practicly threw me into the record shop outside and made me buy Astral Weeks when i said i'd never listened to it. Then served me breakfast; all day. Everytime one of these little gems close down a little part of me dies.

Remember the Red Rose/Wed Wose?

Shoot, i'm welling up here...

ian is tall with bleached hair and an eyebrow ring. and he's sound.
ah fuck i was gutted too when probe closed.

for a vegetarian place the food in govindas seems to lack almost any solid vegetables at all. its just a plate of rice with gooey stodge that sits in the stomach and makes me feel fat. i'll never eat their shite again.

for a vegetarian place the food in govindas seems to lack almost any solid vegetables at all. its just a plate of rice with gooey stodge that sits in the stomach and makes me feel fat. i'll never eat their shite again.

To be sung to the tune of 'I'll never fall in love again.'

::clef:: What do you get, when you go to Govindas?
A plate full of stodge, that sits in your stomach.
If that's what you get for all your troubles,
I'lllllll, never eat their shite againnnn-ehehehnnnnnn,
I'll never eat their shite again.::clef::

I have to agree. it's like something my mam would attempt to cook. she can't help but boil the fuck out of every veg. I wondered why as a child i didn't really like food but it was simply because she was shit at making it.

also find that govinda's put waaay too much spinach in things. i doubt i'm getting loads of iron out of it when it's so slimey and sad looking.

you can get chickpea curries in an Indian supermarket hot deli on Moore Street, they have cups for 2 euro and plates/boxes for 5 and its super filling. shame about the grease but if you eat in town expect heart disease.

the cloudy-juice you get it quite lovely, whats that now?

I find the peppery stodge ok on a really freezing day in say...February.

and 'tis cheap, its a hell of a lot better for you than a lot of cheap fill-up food.

you can get chickpea curries in an Indian supermarket hot deli on Moore Street, they have cups for 2 euro and plates/boxes for 5 and its super filling. shame about the grease but if you eat in town expect heart disease.

where exactly is this place?

oh yeah michelle! i went there before! it was super tasty

i went off cornucopia food because for over a year i lived with someone who worked there who would breing home food.
the bread got boring.

sausagews from there rulez alwaysz

can we have a bit of Gruel appreciation on this thread too?

i had the best soup of my life in there once - tomato, with heaps of pasta in it. and a big ol' hunk o' bread to dunk into it. i felt like a viking.

gawd it was lovely.

can we have a bit of Gruel appreciation on this thread too?

i had the best soup of my life in there once - tomato, with heaps of pasta in it. and a big ol' hunk o' bread to dunk into it. i felt like a viking.

gawd it was lovely.

surely gruel is in a different league than govindas? i love their fruit crumble. the bangers and mash are a delight too, although they look like large turds. ive never had anything in there that i havent enjoyed although the tables and chairs can be quite rickety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back