Informational comic here:-
http://blogoscoped.com/google-chrome/

[UPDATE]
Google statement here:-
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html
Launches Tuesday, September 2nd.

good overview of it here

http://lifehacker.com/5044484/google-chrome-first-look

Turn any webapp that you keep open all day long (like Gmail, for example) into a separate application through the tab drop-down menu next to the "omni-bar." When you create a new application in this way, it prompts you to create shortcuts on your computer through a Google Gears prompt. The resulting webapp has it's own shortcut, it's own item in the taskbar, and an even more consolidated browser window—lacking a location bar, search box, or any of the traditional browser tools.

What an amazing EULA.

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

Fuck off. Google already have my email and main searches. Giving them my surfing habits for even more "niche ads" is enough. I'll stick with firefox.

What's the story with RSS feeds?
I can't seem to get them to work.
It has a clean UI, but it won't replace Firefox for me.
I'd recommend it for the folks though.

Couldn't really care about the EULA, there's so much
passive data mining on the internet that another source
of it is just a drop in the ocean.
It'll be a real contender once it busts out of beta, though.

Hmmm. Still not sure about it. It's tech paranoia setting in. The ideas being booted around of a google OS based on cloud computing is odd sounding too. Though theoretically it could be done on the long fabled $100 computer (bare minimum form of Linux install to get networking going & capable of running Java which Chrome has built in).

I should be a bloody blogger.

I've been using it for a week and found it good and stable, and has some nice features.

For some reason my IE is ignoring style sheets (no matter how many times i re-install it), and my Firefox keeps crashing, but this has been stable as all hell.

And the built in spell checker is great too.

But yes, the web guys here are not too happy about another browser to check things in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back