Good word use/bad word use (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Good: "that's not cricket", especially in the story of Arab Strab when they found out about Belle and Sebastian's new (then) album The Boy With The Arab Strap, and were chagrined.

Bad: use of the word "rock" to denote something energetic and positive, especially as an adjective, sometimes as a verb (I rocked down to Ed's last night...eugh) or especially, especially as an interjection (Person A: what do you think of my plan for an AC/DC covers band? Person B: Rock!)

Bad: use of the word "rock" to denote something energetic and positive, especially as an adjective, sometimes as a verb (I rocked down to Ed's last night...eugh) or especially, especially as an interjection (Person A: what do you think of my plan for an AC/DC covers band? Person B: Rock!)

But I love that! it defines me as a person! Please don't take it away from me Mr. Bus.

the rock thing

using this .|..| to show your appreciation for your kids new dress, the music of indie bands, or anything other than "rock"( loud guitars, hair, the usual) music should be banned

hey, i think we've been here before

I remember giving out about people using the word "sexy" inappropriatley

Good-'PELT'-especially when used in the context of doing a number two or ejaculation. e.g. "Man, that few pints I had last night were well ropey. I nearly didn't make it to the jacks on time but luckily the bowl took the full pelt."

Bad-Excessive use of the exclamation point on the internet. It's the equivalent of laughing at your own jokes!!!!!

for you, mr rogue, I will curtail my ire

because...... I love you

And that's a beautiful thing. But it's ok, I'm over it now, I know we have to move on and the good times have to end, I'll always have the .|..|memories. JohnnyStress, you're a good man too, carry on the work which must be done.

*closes chapter, puts book on dusty shelf of good times*

Whither wilst thou lead us now Snakius? With what new learnings and verbage will we move forward from these blighted times?

What about "yummy mummy"? I like that. I tell Mrs. egg_ she's a yummy mummy sometimes, not that it does me any good, she's wise to my plámásing ways at this stage

I like the word "robust" too

edit: though am I a scientist-turned-programmer, so maybe it means something different to me to what it means to everyone else

Nah MILF is the better term for 'yummy-mummy'. The latter suggests workshy trouts with sunglasses on their heads, Marlboro Light in one hand, glass of Chardonnay in the other, barely cognisant of their designer-clothed brats 'Fiachra' and 'Siofra' in beer-gardens of suburban Dublin.

Bitter, moi?

Nah MILF is the better term for 'yummy-mummy'. The latter suggests workshy trouts with sunglasses on their heads, Marlboro Light in one hand, glass of Chardonnay in the other, barely cognisant of their designer-clothed brats 'Fiachra' and 'Siofra' in beer-gardens of suburban Dublin.

Bitter, moi?

Cognisant? Christ.

It's almost unnecessary to put in all those phrases like 'going/looking/moving forward' and 'the reason being is'.

do yis reckon it was moobs or robusty that caused this ad to be shown?

imgad

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back