Good word use/bad word use (2 Viewers)

Everyone tucked into my fish pie and left hardly any for me. Roxy and Buzzo especially liked it

That's the second time you've posted about dreaming about me. Wanna cyber?

PROACTIVE

Anyone who says this word within earshot of me is in grave, grave danger.

I'm currently writing a paragraph about pro-active policing tactics and it's implications for marginalised groups. Would you like to read it?

Anyone tried that face cream DNage yet - I assume it changes your DNA to make you look younger, sorry more proactive.

It's a step in the right direction, but I'm not going to go near this sort of thing until they do a face cream that transforms you into the animal of your choice.

manimal2.jpg

(not tested on manimals)

I'm currently writing a paragraph about pro-active policing tactics and it's implications for marginalised groups. Would you like to read it?

No but if you could include the following and attribute it to me that I would be happy.

"Proactive is a bullshit word that clueless managers use as a substitute for knowing what to do. The word is a refuge for the incompetent and the muddled. Exhortations to be proactive are generally given by the type of manager whose uselessness results in confused, meandering decision making and who equate continual interfering in routine matters as management or leadership. Therefore use of the word proactive is actually a signal for less rather than more personal responsability."

I did a job interview once and the woman interviewing me said proactive about 3 times in the course of the interview. I was on the point of walking out but had no job at the time and didn't really have a choice. One of the worst decisions I ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back