Good word use/bad word use (3 Viewers)

i like the .|..| too

i hate the words fragrance and fragrances - they do my head in, especially when ryanair cabin stewards use them. refreshments is a shit word too. and items and snacks.

Great minds Floody. The whole way down reading this thread I was thinking how much I hate the use of the word funky to describe anything but music. Par example- 'you could wear those footless tights with some funky nail polish and a pair of killer heels'

It makes me cringe.

what the flip is 'google-fu'?and i like using yummy..

Not sure how common it is but 'google-fu' refers to ones ability to find stuff when they search for it on google. "my google-fu is strong today" if i find something I've been looking for. Fuggin hate it for some reason.

Sorry the yummy thing, i disagree with, although yummy mummy has a nice ring to it I suppose.

Obligatory silly pic coming up....

mummies.gif

I like the word "robust" too

edit: though am I a scientist-turned-programmer, so maybe it means something different to me to what it means to everyone else

Robust-

–adjective 1. strong and healthy; hardy; vigorous: a robust young man; a robust faith; a robust mind.
2. strongly or stoutly built: his robust frame.
3. suited to or requiring bodily strength or endurance: robust exercise.
4. rough, rude, or boisterous: robust drinkers and dancers.
5. rich and full-bodied: the robust flavor of freshly brewed coffee.

I just hate the term when it's used in pr and advertising land, "we provided a robust tailored solution for your nosepicking requirements". It's overused so as to mean very little in those terms, it becomes synonymous with "good" or something like that.

Not sure how common it is but 'google-fu' refers to ones ability to find stuff when they search for it on google. "my google-fu is strong today" if i find something I've been looking for. Fuggin hate it for some reason.

really? i'm gonna bet that no-one actually ever says it...because if they did it is likely they would get the beating of a lifetime from anyone within hitting distance..

as i heard today in the library 'I'll hotmail it to you'..wreckin my head..

i also hate 'go on the fuck' or any other derivative..

The word 'Guesstimate' has already caused me to brutally murder several people.

I should probably get some therapy so that, going forward, I can better deal with my anger.

Great minds Floody. The whole way down reading this thread I was thinking how much I hate the use of the word funky to describe anything but music. Par example- 'you could wear those footless tights with some funky nail polish and a pair of killer heels'

It makes me cringe.

Just stop watching 'Off The Rails'.

Problem solved.

Nah MILF is the better term for 'yummy-mummy'. The latter suggests workshy trouts with sunglasses on their heads, Marlboro Light in one hand, glass of Chardonnay in the other, barely cognisant of their designer-clothed brats 'Fiachra' and 'Siofra' in beer-gardens of suburban Dublin.
Hoho
You could hardly paint a more opposite picture of Mrs. egg_

Last night I dreamt I was at a sociable cooking thing, without any pants on and therefore wearing an apron so yiz wouldn't all see my mickey. Everyone tucked into my fish pie and left hardly any for me. Roxy and Buzzo especially liked it

i hate any magazine or person who uses the expression 'any woman worth her manolos..'carrie bradshaw has a lot to answer for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back