Good man Wayne Rooney ? (1 Viewer)

this is the man who said "once a blue always a blue" then legged it as soon as a big pay deal came through then bad mouthed David Moyles (the man who took a risk bringing him through the ranks) in his book.

Typical United fan, talks reasonable sense for a bit then shows his ignorance by spelling the mans name wrong. MOYES!!!

Yeah he's a mercinary alright.

25% Off United ?

I wouldn't hold my fucking breath.

Apparently Rooney wanted "assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world." The last time United signed anyone who would have considered one of the top players in the world was Veron. (Not that they haven't spent large sums on English or English based players, but that's a different thing entirely.)

If only we'd taken our initial Rooney based cash injection and re-bought Home Farm we'd probably have a whole stack of Richie Dunnes by now.

whatever happened with that home farm-everton link up?
on the rooney saga-its gotta be money and greedy agents as suggested before.its hard to feel sorry for fergie generally but he's been shafted here,if there's any justice rooney will break his legs on his debut for his new club.

We ran out of money and started selling lads like big Dunc and Francis Jeffers to pay the bills. Home Farm was a "luxury" we couldn't afford. It was a brilliant idea though a Cork City Man U hook up would have been ideal for them (given that most of Cork support United.) Though considering how poor Uniteds youth sides seem to be at the moment it was always unlikely Everton also have ties with Everton in Chile though fewer players have come from that hook up.

Rooneys statement is virtually identical to what he said when he left us too. Basically the team around me isn't good enough fuck off and how dare you say it's anything to do with money.

So while Fergie is saying the door remains open he has already burnt all his bridges a full two months before he goes. What a steaming cunt.

was reading about that everton-everton deal in wsc a couple of months back,i haven't a clue but surely yis are better off now than a few years back?
rooney really has disgraced himself with this trick,i didn't pay much attention when he moved to united but anything i have seen of him up till this incident he seemed like a decent enough sort,an average bloke who just happened to be very gifted with a football and who would enjoy playing football wherever it was.now he's just another money grabbing prick.
as for united tonight-distinctly average is the kindest analysis.

First Rafa on about milk, now Fergie with the cows. Is this bovine analogy week or something?

"Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it’s a better cow than the one you’ve got in your own field. It’s a fact. But it never really works out that way. It’s probably the same cow which is only as good as your own cow. We have to deal with that – some players like to think that it’s a better world somewhere else, it never really works like that."

united sold their best player for 80 million hoolahs and bought a player from wigan. wayne might have a point. after 6 years he's won it all and scored some goals and played in a great team, and sold some playstations and banged a few prossies. 6 years, ain't too shabby. everyone move on, united were succesful before rooney, they'll be okay. survived losing cantona, ince, kanchelskis, beckham, yadda yadaa. unless it ain't about wayne, and it's about the owners not investing...then surely wayne is merely a symptom of the malaise at man u. whatever, i don't care.

The whole thing is disgusting really. Rooney is a product of his age, for which Ferguson is as responsible as anyone. I think it's poetic justice that United lose a player to money as they've been using that bait for years, including obviously with Rooney himself.
Rooney is a horrible little shit though. Plus it's entirely possible he'll not get his mojo back. Good riddance to all, but it makes me despair for football. All the shenanigans this season has put me right off.

Mark this day, United are finally, finally in decline. Rooney's an ugly wee money grabbiing turd but his agent is bang on the money about the money. Irony for united supporters is that he's simultaneously proving their point about the Glazers destroying the club, while revealing that he doesn't actually give a fuck what shirt he wears as long as he still has money for hookers and beer. delicious.

decline, yeah, looks like it, but while fergie is still there he can make any old shit look good. but if rooney fancies more dosh, fair play to him, he's entitled to earn as much as he can while he can. all this money grabbing malarkey coming from people is really unsavoury. who wouldn't leave their job if they thought they could triple their wages?

he's a cock for many other reasons. and he'll be finished by 30 if he keeps smoking, drinking and whoring.

and the idea of "once a blue always a blue" being disloyal? what about when keano was shown the door, where's the loyalty now you langers!

the ironing is delicious.

Ah come on Hector, you know full well that the point of following a football club is to kid yourself that the players are in it for the love. look at stevie g - if you cut him, he'd bleed red.

Ah come on Hector, you know full well that the point of following a football club is to kid yourself that the players are in it for the love. look at stevie g - if you cut him, he'd bleed red.
yeah, but in the modern game, a one club man is a rare thing. beckham might never have left united if given the opportunity. same for keane. stevie seems to have made up his mind he stuck with us. totti is another one. terry. etc. the days of le tiss are gone, cos the days of anybody giving it a go are gone. spurs reckon that coming fourth was worthy of huge celebrations. fourth!

sorry i got called away there...and have totally forgotten the point i was...what are we talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back