good day bad day (1 Viewer)

fintino

Website
www.fintino.com
Today I thought I lost my wallet. I went to Road Records and bought a Paul O'Reilly album for me ma and a Redneck Manifesto album for me brother (it's their birthdays this weekend). Then I went to Dunnes and bought cards. When I got to the bus stop I realised that I didnt have my wallet. I went back to Road and Dave hadn't seen it. Went to Dunnes and looked around - nothing. Remembered feeling of losing my phone a while ago - not sadnness or anger, just *ah ballix im going to have to deal with this in some way shape or form*. Went back to dunnes and asked reasonably attractive young lady who had served me if she'd seen my walled. She said "no, but check in the crisps". I looked at her like she had ten heads, but she pointed down to a large bank of hunky dories and burger bites that were in front of the counter. After a quick rummage, I found my wallet nestled neatly between some buffalo flavoured hunkies.

Bought some burger bites to celebrate.

woah, psychic checkout people! some day their unholy army of the night will destroy us all aieeeeee

Weirdest losing/fining thing ever happened to me was on the dance floor in Vagabonds in Galway. I walked off the floor and realised that my new watch that my folks had bought me for my eighteenth birthday was no longer on my wrist. The reason they got me a new one was because I'd lost my previous watch on that same dance floor. With about 50 or so people all moshing around the place I figured it was gone, but I tried to find it anyway. I walked out on the floor and found it in a few seconds. Then this guy came over to me and thanked me for finding his watch. I looked at it closer and it wasn't mine. Then he asked me had I lost a watch and after i said yes he hands me over my watch which he had found only a minute earlier.
Bizarre :eek:

My auntie died about ten years ago....the house where she lived stood out and you could see it from the motorway....now, there were four tall fir trees beside the house and the one nearest the house was called my aunties tree.....

My dad was driving a family friend to the funeral and they passed by the house....he explained to our friend about the tree and as he talked the tree fell down...

that's just amazing billy, this is slightly less so...

I went on a ride in one of Americas biggest theme parks....a 1.5 hour queue for the "Batman" ride....

it was huge and one of those where your legs hang free.
I was wearing sandles (no cemments please) and one flew off during the rollering and coastering...

as I left the ride later I was passing the big queue and just happened to see this girl rubbing her head with my sandle in her hand.

oooh rollercoasters

dammit i wish i was in florida.

billygannon:ram of love (19 Apr, 2002 02:58 p.m.):
My auntie died about ten years ago....the house where she lived stood out and you could see it from the motorway....now, there were four tall fir trees beside the house and the one nearest the house was called my aunties tree.....

My dad was driving a family friend to the funeral and they passed by the house....he explained to our friend about the tree and as he talked the tree fell down...

wow!

I've another one....

we built our house about thirty years ago. There were two big trees out in the back garden.....

When my parents moved into the house, my grandfather pointed out that two doves were nesting in one of the trees. As my parents were newly married, he said they could represent them.....

My parents' wedding anniversary is in April and sure enough, every year, in April, the doves return to nest in the tree....

Until this year, when we cut them down.....

today i was walking down westmoreland street and passed by pat ingoldsby selling books. he had little signs up: "boyfriends and husbands understood"; "lost cities found - 20 mile radius (bring your own sandwiches)".

i bloody well went and bought a book off him. (it's his new one: do lámh i mo bhrístí) and we got chatting, mainly cos i mentioned that he'd come out to our school when i was about seven years old. and he remembered!

anyway, that's all really by way of introduction, because it reminded me of the last time i'd seen pat selling books. i was coming out of tara st. station and i saw him out of the corner of my eye outside the old irish press building. then i went and got my bus (19A). ten minutes later, as the bus went up towards dorset street, i saw pat ingoldsby out of the corner of my eye again. it was only later that i realised that what i'd seen the second time was the wax model of pat in the foyer of the wax museum.

i think i might just go back out and tell him that story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back