Goldfrapp (2 Viewers)

oh shit said:
toadally
cindy blackman never had a problem
cindyblackman.jpg

is la la really suggesting that men are biologically better suited to drumming???

no dork.

read my point above. if you SUDDENLY had them you'd have to re-wire yourself a bit to get used to playing with boobs in front of you

Felt Mountain is pretty good, although it didn't blow my socks off or anything. The Calexico remix of "Human" on the 2-CD version is really great, though.

Haven't heard Black Cherry or the new one, so can't comment (although I think the cover art for the former is terrible--it looks like a collage done by an untalented 11-year old for art class).

My own pick for best-ever Goldfrapp is the vocals she adds to Orbital's "Nothing Left" (the full two-part version on Middle of Nowhere). Unearthly and totally sublime. It's her contribution that makes that my all-time favourite Orbital tune.

Paul

ah yes, lolo ferrari, that pillar of post-modern feminism.
i still wouldn't play drums across my chest.

what was the point again?

photon said:
Felt Mountain is pretty good, although it didn't blow my socks off or anything. The Calexico remix of "Human" on the 2-CD version is really great, though.
One thing worries me about Felt Mountain; is she saying "fascist baby yeah" on that track Utopia? It's probably precious baby or something but I've listened really closely and it sounds like she's singing to her fascist baby!

oh shit said:
ah yes, lolo ferrari, that pillar of post-modern feminism.
i still wouldn't play drums across my chest.

what was the point again?

can't remember. i've just been asked to stay back late because of a deadline. how about we talk about Editor crucifixion now?

photon said:
Felt Mountain is pretty good, although it didn't blow my socks off or anything.My own pick for best-ever Goldfrapp is the vocals she adds to Orbital's "Nothing Left" (the full two-part version on Middle of Nowhere). Unearthly and totally sublime. It's her contribution that makes that my all-time favourite Orbital tune.

yeah i preferred when they were rippin off morricone and satie rather than doing their sleazy disco stuff.

howe gelb does a good cover of human & lovely headf too:)

La La said:
if you had boobies playing the drums would be doubly hard.
Bullshit!
Janet out of Sleater-Kinney definitely has boobies, and she doesn't let them get in the way
of her skills with the sticks.

But don't take my word for it, go and see them in the TBMC next week...
if there's any tickets left!

Seriously though, playing drums without crossed arms is probably all you need.

And a good strong bra, if you're a big lass...
And a t-shirt that says "Stare at my hands when I'm drumming" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back