Go to the Dentist! (2 Viewers)

The Fwames

Website
Visit site
I've been living in Dublin for a good 8 years or so and have never been to the Dentist during this time. I'm well aware that I need a number of fillings so just wondering if anyone could recommend a good dentist on the nothside/city centre who won't cost me my life savings (of which I have none). Also how much could one expect to pay for a filling these days?

A filling should normally be about 60-80. The dentist I go to is the best dentist in the world ever and he charges about 100-150 per filling. PM me if you want his name and number.

there's one on manor st who is good, one manor place is the practice and the dentist is a lady. Number is 6777335.

Its crazy, people go on budjet airlines over to eastern europe to get dental work. Its works out a lot cheaper for some. Madness

WHO, who does this? Insania. Going to the north is one thing, but oh yeah, I'd certainly trust a dentist in a crumbling former soviet republic to do a swell job on my gnashers. Plus, I'd say if anything went wrong the after care would be excellent.
cozy said:
Its crazy, people go on budjet airlines over to eastern europe to get dental work. Its works out a lot cheaper for some. Madness

People only go to eastern europe to get stuff done that would cost thousands over here.

I've heard lots of good things about the facilities over there too.

I had tooth issues over christmas, went to nice dentalist here in yorkshire. After 5 sessions over 2 months he had done 2 root canals with plastic crowns and 3 fillings and a tooth pulled, totalled about ST£150-170, i forget exactly. Great after-service, even did an emergency job over lunch when a suspect tooth fell apart the day after he'd done exploratory work, lovely man. Ireland's a serious rip-off for this kinda thing! still, dunno if i'd traipse all the way to latvia fot it...

089 5537742 this chap will do any kind of work reasonably......reasonably cheap that is

drnick.gif

Igor said:
I had tooth issues over christmas, went to nice dentalist here in yorkshire. After 5 sessions over 2 months he had done 2 root canals with plastic crowns and 3 fillings and a tooth pulled, totalled about ST£150-170, i forget exactly. Great after-service, even did an emergency job over lunch when a suspect tooth fell apart the day after he'd done exploratory work, lovely man. Ireland's a serious rip-off for this kinda thing! still, dunno if i'd traipse all the way to latvia fot it...
Oh my god. I suddenly feel less nervous about my appointment with the dentist on Monday. Getting the last of three fillings and some serious plaque mining.

I'd a filling the size of my small fingernail fall out about two months ago but am afraid to go get it done after the last time i went to the dentist. He insisted (despite my protests) on doing an X-Ray to find out where the pain was coming from and while we were waiting to get the thing back he said "let me have a quick look around your mouth" and poked around for about 30 seconds. When it came to paying the receptionist, she asked me for e150 - 50 for the filling (which fell out a month later), 50 for the xray (that we never got as the machine ate it) and 50 for the "examination" (ie 30 seconds of poking about [or e6000 an hour]). I gave her e50 and asked her to pass on the message that yer man could go fuck himself.

8 yrs and no dentist :eek:
The Fwames said:
I've been living in Dublin for a good 8 years or so and have never been to the Dentist during this time. I'm well aware that I need a number of fillings so just wondering if anyone could recommend a good dentist on the nothside/city centre who won't cost me my life savings (of which I have none). Also how much could one expect to pay for a filling these days?

roxy, i'm ashamed of you. teeth are important or you'll be sucking spuds through a straw when you're 40
roxy said:
9 years no dentist here...

I'm gonna go in the summer. I swear.

roxy said:
9 years no dentist here...

I'm gonna go in the summer. I swear.

Yeah, just go. I went for the first time in about ten years last summer. I needed loads done but once they started work I was like: "What the fuck was I so worried about?."

It just builds up in your head (like plaque :) - somebody kill me, please) over time... it's not really that big a deal.

spady said:
Yeah, just go. I went for the first time in about ten years last summer. I needed loads done but once they started work I was like: "What the fuck was I so worried about?."

It just builds up in your head (like plaque :) - somebody kill me, please) over time... it's not really that big a deal.

It's not that I've been afraid to go to the dentist more the hastle and the money (I'd prefer spending the 80 euro per filling on chocolate, sweets and fizzy drinks). Anyway everyone knows that we'll all have mechanical teeth in the future that'll do the chomping for us (this also goes for not wearing ear plugs at gigs and future super-sonic hearing implants).

Anyone else with a good dentist please fill me in (no pun intended). 100 bucks for a filling's a little steep but I don't want some dude filling my teeth with placticine for 20 quid either.

You know what, prevention is better than paying a million quid to fix it all in a few years time. I had a butcher style dentist take out 2 wisdom teeth with a FUCKING PLIERS WHEN I WAS AWAKE when I was 18, and refused to go back till I was 25. Cost me a fffuuuuccccccking fortune. Literally hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

roxy said:
Ah I'm not scared Spadddy.

I do have a condition which causes an aversion to many things though - called couldntgiveabollox.

kirstie said:
You know what, prevention is better than paying a million quid to fix it all in a few years time. I had a butcher style dentist take out 2 wisdom teeth with a FUCKING PLIERS WHEN I WAS AWAKE when I was 18, and refused to go back till I was 25. Cost me a fffuuuuccccccking fortune. Literally hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

Oh bum! Way to make me go to the dentist Kirstie. Now I ain't never goin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back