GO IT ALONE - BELFAST (1 Viewer)

something youz have to know...straight edge and drunk punx dont mingle,they mite mix a bit over here in friendly ireland but in the rest of the world you are guaranteed a bust up or 2 inbetween straight edge and punx whenever they're in the same vicinity and the punx always get the blame cause they the drunk ones.

something youz have to know...straight edge and drunk punx dont mingle,they mite mix a bit over here in friendly ireland but in the rest of the world you are guaranteed a bust up or 2 inbetween straight edge and punx whenever they're in the same vicinity and the punx always get the blame cause they the drunk ones.

Thanks for letting us know, most of us have never left Ireland so your advice is really usefull. Anymore insights for us?

At a festival I was at in London years ago, some sXe band were playing, Chris dressed in what looked like a girls first communion dress, got on the stage. The singer handed him the mic obvisouly thinking he would say something sensible, oh no - he obviously didn't know Chris. I nearly pissed myself laughing.
what made him think a man in a communion dress was going to say something sensible?

Thanks for letting us know, most of us have never left Ireland so your advice is really usefull. Anymore insights for us?

it's got nothing to do whether someone is sXe or not. that's just a silly misconception. plenty of sXe people fight the fuck out of each other in America, just cos they are wankers and just need any excuse to fight.

it's just some people are arses when they are drunk, punk or not. most people wouldn't say boo to a goose when sober. if someone is a little drunk they can be very funny.

I think in this case it's the drunk guy getting the blame because he hopped on stage and started spilling drink on people. I drink like a fish but if someone was spilling drink on me, even if i was just standing in the crowd, i'd throw him a slap. It's an ignorant thing to do to anyone, straight edge or not. Should the edge guys get the blame here because they can't take getting booze spilled on them in good humour?

The whole fight thing was absolute bollocks.

Gig was great up til then and I was pleasantly surprised how good Go It Alone were. People were having fun, doin a bit of stagediving and what not but having fun.

When a knobs gets up on stage and starts stumbling around with a full pint glass gets in peoples' faces when they're just trying to play they've every right to get a bit miffed. What the guitarist did was nothing, basically just saying get off the stage - headbutting him WHILE HE IS ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAYING THE GUITAR is really fucking lame - anyone could do that shit.

For the benefit of anyone who wasn't there. said twat and mates were heard sshouting
"call yourselves hardcore"
"you're no CroMags"
"Faggots"
"Canadian fruits"

This sitting on the fence "there's 2 sides to every story" kop-out is absolute balls - yes there's 2 sides to every story, but sometimes one side is fucking wrong!
If my mate acted like a fuckin prick to a band I'd pull them on that shite, not defend them.

I think in this case it's the drunk guy getting the blame because he hopped on stage and started spilling drink on people. I drink like a fish but if someone was spilling drink on me, even if i was just standing in the crowd, i'd throw him a slap. It's an ignorant thing to do to anyone, straight edge or not. Should the edge guys get the blame here because they can't take getting booze spilled on them in good humour?

How is getting beer spilled on you good humour? And you answered your question yourself.
No one likes any kind of drink spilled on them, beer, lemonade, tea ..........

No one is saying that someone can't have a drink and get tanked up. Have you ever watched videos of gigs and there's some person stumbling around, without a clue. I bet that person would cringe at themselves. I know I have done, at myself too.

People should just go to gigs and enjoy themselves. How many bands don't even bother playing over here? People over here are having a lush time with all the gigs. These guys are going to go back to their home town and they'll be playing with other bands. They'll go ah, we're thinking of playing in Ireland. Reply: hmmm, whatever you do, don't play in Belfast, unless you want to end up in hospital.

whatever you do, don't play in Belfast,

Yeah, I think I've see that sticker on a many a guitar and amp. :rolleyes:

I drink with the best (read: worst) of them but I'm sick of the fact of being pissed used by some as an excuse to be a total asshole at gigs. Its is really really fucking tedious.

Notice how its often the wankers who've got a masculinity problem (calling people 'faggots' or what ever) as well. there's a connection there between been an insecure guy covering up for it by being a macho asshole and also being sucked into the myth of being a boorish (I love that word) drunk as being part of the masculine myth.

I wonder is that why straight-edgers try make up for their not drinking by being cartoonishly hyper-masculine also.

Anyway is it my imagination or are there a whole lot 'o of people with xUsernamex here? I mean is it a semi-ironic usage or are people just xClonesx?

if your wondering "Carlow_Punks!" is in the ironic category.

The Carlow bit I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back