Glen Hansard-Genius or Chancer? (4 Viewers)

yup. i've met him a few times. It was years ago, but I can say nothing but nice things about him. I think the thing is that he comes across as being too earnest or something and people take that up wrong. i dunno. but in person he's gone out of his way to be helpful and friendly to me.

Same with me the few times I've been in his company.

I also knew him peripherally before the Frames and my memory of him is on eof a very friendly guy that just loved music, talking about it, playing it etc etc.
He was obsessed with Dylan at the time. I don't know if that's still the case.

I get reams of abuse from people I know fro not going along with the Hansard fatwa that's been declared in this town.

that's just me being judgemental :D

Ahh, Oirland!

How I miss thee, and can't await to return to your green fields and your prudish, gossipy fold.

41Y1E51X9KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Anyone have any experience of him as a person? Dish the dirt!

No dirt to dish - I've already posted, probably earlier in this very thread, that he's always been sound any time I've met him over the years. He told the singer at a "gospel brunch" in Harlem that it was my birthday, just so she'd sing ::clef:: "Haappy biiirthday-ayay, Lolo from Dubliiiiiiiiiin" ::clef:: to me, even though it wasn't my birthday.

He'd been saying hi to me for years and listening to my radio show for years without realising I was the same person. One of the many sound people I know with good taste in music who happen to be in a band I don't particularly like, but don't find offensive. And before you ask Dudley, you're not one of them, I do actually like your band :)

Strange thing that....If you don't like someone's music you automatically assume you won't like them as a person.

Although I really like James Brown's music but I'd say he was unbearable to be around. I get the feeling Morrissey ain't the nicest individual either, Prince, plenty others...

I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back