Glen Hansard-Genius or Chancer? (4 Viewers)

I just want to throw a fair play out to Westlife.
Even though I was woken by their poxy soundcheck at about 11 on Sunday, they did seem to have a lot of wheelchair and special needs kids being brought to their show.
The kind of kids that mightn't get to many gigs or that.

So, a cynicism-free fair play to the lads. They are (possibly inadvertantly) doing some good in the world.

In the interests of disclosure, the Corpo never picked up two of their blue concert bins, so I was able to empty the entire crappy conents of my shed into them yesterday, which had me in great form and more kindly disposed to the world than I might normally be.
It was like having a free skip.

Fair play to all involved.

The age gap didn't conform to The Formula - half your age +7 years is an acceptable gap.

not if you're 100 or 12.

actually maybe it's very accurate for a 12 year old. YOU SHOULDN'T BE KISSING ANYONE AT YOUR AGE

dork said:
It did become a real relationship... I think it was just a very natural part of what we were doing together. We had made the film (Once). We had gone through so much with the Oscar. Of course, we fell into each other's arms. It was a very necessary part of our friendship but I think we both concluded that that wasn't what we really wanted to do.

Pass the puke bucket.

Fine geansai on her
4515086_Glen-Hansard-Marketa-Irg-20.jpg

She looks too nice and sweet for him.

Is he supposed to be a prick or what? I mean I know it is official policy on Thumped to hate him (except for those few moments after he won the Oscar), but I thought that was just because of his awful music?

Anyone have any experience of him as a person? Dish the dirt!

It's hard enough to go out with a 20 year old when you're 20, never mind 38.

He's such a fuckin eejit.

Is he supposed to be a prick or what? I mean I know it is official policy on Thumped to hate him (except for those few moments after he won the Oscar), but I thought that was just because of his awful music?

yup. i've met him a few times. It was years ago, but I can say nothing but nice things about him. I think the thing is that he comes across as being too earnest or something and people take that up wrong. i dunno. but in person he's gone out of his way to be helpful and friendly to me.

The only time I met him was years ago and it didn't go well. I seem to remember being really angry and crying! :rolleyes: I think I tried to get an interview with him for my show but he told me to go away, ha ha! I probably chose the wrong time to speak to him.

One of my close friends was very good friends with him, I'm not sure if they're still in regular contact but I know he had nothing but kind words for him.

But I do think he's a bit of a 'girl in every port' when it comes to the laydeez. Or so I heard. Once. Allegedly. !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back