Glasgow - Groningen -Ireland Fest 2005 (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
The GGI is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 16,17,18 of september in Groningen, north Holland. After severeal false starts these dates are confirmed so it's time to start thinking about going, getting there etc.

Theres a lot of Dutch and groningen bands playing and also some irish / scottish bands playing - i dont have the full line up as some last minute enquiries are still being made but heres what I know for definite, a lot of what i know is form the freebooters playing so more will become apparent from other people im sure, the main thing is that it is definetly on these days and is looking like a cracker of a weekend.

Friday's gig is in a venue called the Vera, a deadly venue with really good pa and seperate downstairs bar.

Defo Playing on the Friday are Moutpiece and two other irish bands to be confirmed - pierre lice was on the case yesterday on this so will have more details by weekend.

Saturdays gig is in a big squat and will have a load of bands playing - defo playing saturday from ireland are the Freebooters and Runnin Riot and I know this is the day Fleas and Lice are playing

Sunday will consist of a major session / party probably by the lake during the day and in the squat at the evening time.

to get to groningen its a train and plane job, aer lingus to amsterdam and train to groningen or ryanair to eindhoven or hamburg and train or basiq air to rotterdam and train.

more details as they come in.

ps obviously maoz falafel shops, cheep beer and coffee shops are part of the groningen experience as well as the infamous anatomy musuem. oh and fc groningen are playing psv eindhoven at home on the sunday - dont know what the story would be with tickets etc.

dont think they have a website but going to get sean to put somethign on the ggi website we have from last time as soon as poss. im sure you oculd volunteer to do a site if ya wanted:D

think kidd blunt are playing the friday with moutpiece

bohs punks said:
booked with ryanair to eindhoven weds to mon for 48 euro inc taxes. cheap as chips

just to let you know, another possible connection is dublin to hamburg via hapag lloyd express, and then the train.
hapag lloyd discount the price of their flights from evening time tuesday to wednesday morning, or something like that - so it's worth keeping an eye on their site for the cheap flights. they're at www.hlx.com

sounds like a rockin' weekend!

Ok, we're sweating here. Here's the line-up:

FRIDAY 16th SEPTEMBER
@Vera Club

MOUTHPIECE (Eire)
KIDD BLUNT (Eire)
RAT PATROL (Gron)
+ 1 Scot (name will be confirmed this week)

SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER
@Opdrift Squat

RUNNING RIOT (Eire)
FREEBOOTERS (Eire)
SNOWBLOOD (Sco)
INSTINCT OF SURVIVAL (Ger)
GATE CRASHERS (Gron) tbc
THE ARCHITECT (Gron) tbc
+ probably a couple more

More news SOON!

48 yo's inc. tax! fuckin deadly :)
I know im gonna do something daft and end up in Moldova or somewhere but hey tis an adventure and all that.
Cant wait.

also around how long does it take to get from Eindhoven to Groningen?

katie, i got your pm about this but have been snowed under in work, anyway its about 3 hours and 37 return is the fare, freebooters heading weds if you want to tag along for the company and not endign up in moldova-ness of it all

just checked on ryanair and its now 70 all taxes inc for the weds to monday option, 52 euro all taxes inc thursday to tuesday so this is a good option, its a bus to eindhoven from the airport and then the train.

was in groningen this way a couple of months back and theres a great falafel shop and coffeeshop near the train station for the journey.

from talking to pierre i expect fleas and lice to play over the weekend.

should be belter weekend and well worth going, especially as drink etc much cheaper than here so you'd still probably end up just spending weekend in dublin amounts of money

theres a cool punk bar as well called cafe le cave

Punkbar La Cave unfortunately stops next week but there's a new squatbar opened on thursday and probably doing stuff for the ggi weekend as well.
MAOZ Falafel is the best in town. You should also try the surinam vegetarian/vegan ROTI. That's AS GOOD as the falafel. Coffeeshops are plenty. We'll post everything in the new website and infoflyers.
I believe Fleas And Lice are going to do a surprise act on the saturday... :cool:

bohs punks said:
katie, i got your pm about this but have been snowed under in work, anyway its about 3 hours and 37 return is the fare, freebooters heading weds if you want to tag along for the company and not endign up in moldova-ness of it all

connor your a saint, I shall be dragging the texan fella along as well. Ive never been to Holland before and he's only been to Amsterdam so its appreciated having people around with knowledge of the place :)

also Does anyone know of any places to stay (camping it is cool with me)?

cheers again.

KatieMutated said:
Is stadspark(camping) located within walking distance of the shows?

pretty long walk. minimum of 3-4 km to the city centre. 10-15 min by bike.
If you can, check some planner online: Vera venue is located in the OOSTERSTRAAT, Opdrift venue is 1STE DRIFT, Squatbar venue is LAGE DER AA, Stadspark Camping is CAMPINGLAAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back