Gigs you've talked the other half into going to and they ended up hating (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Alex Chilton in Whelans
I loved it... She hated it...
Never heard the end of it...

all except the Grates and Larrikin Love and that's only cos LL played a song that's in Titanic

I took my girlfriend at the time to see Paw- remember them? yeah no-one does

It was pretty shit but made shitter by the constant heavy sighing, eye rolling and and sneering of herself and finally her dramatically tearing up the ticket and putting it in my pocket

good times

It was pretty shit but made shitter by the constant heavy sighing, eye rolling and and sneering of herself and finally her dramatically tearing up the ticket and putting it in my pocket

good times

Jaysus thats a bit much...

Recently took herself to Badly Drawn Boy (Been a fan since the EP's so shut up right)
BIIIIIG mistake.
There was some rugby match on that day and I'm sure everyone there decided to "kill-two-birds-with-the-one-stone" and go see that About A Boy fellah after the game...
There were Ole Ole's between songs for jaysus sake
I was having a real hard time keeping my head together in this enviroment, coupled with the fact that this was the wans introduction to BDB...

We decided to leave when I found herself sitting in the bar staring into space... I was crushed. Worst gig ever.

Needless to say, I have'nt played BDB since...

One of my Ex's came with me to see a Metal band in Voodoo that either GZ or Damo put on. I can't remember who it was. It was Technical Metal, I enjoyed it she HAAAAAATTTTEEEDDD it. Now I make my girlfriends/friends listen to bands on Myspace before they go to gigs cause there's nothing worse than someone going "this is shit" when your trying to watch a gig.

My current girlfriend wasn't too impressed with Cursive when they played, neither was I for that matter, but she didn't make a big deal about it and that's why she's still my girlfriend. :heart:

I love Paw! Dragline is an all time favorite. I actually got whatever the next album was too (Death to traitors?) not long ago. Don't bother with that....

I'd say Paw is more for your inner redneck than for your girlfriend. Can't imagine what they were like live.

good times

was that in the tivoli? i was at that gig. i quite liked paw. headswim supported as i recall.

Actually I'm really bad at introducing her to anyone, I always think she's met them before and besides I won't introduce her to the like of you!

"Em, er, this is somone I know from Thumped....you know like an internet friend....."
Classy

I was referring to the use of the word "current". You know, kind of gives the impression she's there until the next one arrives.

Pretty much most gigs I go to are with my girlfriend. She's hated a good lot of them. The worst for her are the noise/grind gigs.. :)

She's coming to Wolf Eyes next week.. I've told her to bring earplugs..

mark kozelek on our anniversary... was dragged out before the end... she couldn't believe how yawn inducing he was... guess she had a point...

I was referring to the use of the word "current". You know, kind of gives the impression she's there until the next one arrives.

Well she was shipping from Thailand 10 days ago so I'm hoping to have her in another 5, but you know what these 40 foot containers are like, you never know what condition she'd be in when she arrives.

I was mearly distinguishing between "Ex" and "Current". If I'd said "Ex" and then "girlfriend" the assuption that I'd moved on might not have been caught by the casual reader. Anyway get off my back, your not my girlfriend! ;)

the boy hated britney spears..and take that..
but bless him he's also bought me tickets to see j.t. during the summer..

he's gotten his own back on me by bringing me to see the beta band which was the worst gig i've ever been at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back