Gig in bohs on Saturday (1 Viewer)

This gig was deadly, A1 session after and a crackin curer back in the place today. Enjoyed every band I saw, missed Foun On The Floor though. That Easpa Measa song is called Forgone, Janer.

Great night altogethar, big turnout, great fun , some excellant bands and a real sense of positivity off the punk scene- mad session and very bad pool played at the sunday morning carry on through - what more could you want!

Many thanks all the bands, to Alan and all the bar staff for their hard work on the night and Cormac, Aido, Teresa, Markos, Caroline and everyone who helped with the door, tshirts, gear or whatever, Chodan keeping an eye on proceedings etc.

So at the end of the night the club benefited by 1200 euro in cash from the door and at least the same in profits from the bar as there was a lot of drink bought by people attending. Having it in Bohs was a great idea as the bar takings were good. Overall I'd say the night was worth at least €2,500 to the club plus a lot in terms of good will.

The t shirts sold covered all the costs of making them plus we have 50 quid over and theres about 20-30 t shirts left which can raise more money - they will be given to some of the people putting on other events for bohs. Should be another couple of hundred for the club between the 50 euro and the tshirts left over. Thanks to Tom in Galway for his help / support with the T shirts - legend.

We swapped the cash with the club for 5 season tickets on Sunday morning so there will be on going use of these to try and attract new fans over the season etc. Will post the logistics of this on here when i have it worked out so as its all transparent etc. Come to a game sure!

To the two places that ended up with major after sessions - well done and sorry! Anyway after this and the new ross benefit gig the night before i am off back into retirement now and indeed heading to germany soon for a couple of months so you don't need to worry about similar invasions caused by us for a while

My departure and some upcoming court shenanigans for members means it will be a while before Found On The Floor will see the light of day again but thanks for the nice comments on the night - when your a new band starting it means a lot to get a bit of encouragement.

Oh we found those CD's Damo and have them in the van - in Wexford I'm afraid, we opened one and listened to it on the way home - it's a great CD! .|..|

On other lost property requests - no sign of Wah's Cork city Shirt I'm afraid

in fairness i spent more time lookin at the bottom of a beer bottle than doing anything else. great night thou

been so long since i logged on i forgot my password!

thanks for a great night conor, delighted that a few quid was made for bohs, serious crowd and serious drinking responsible for that.

we enjoyed playing again, it had been 14 months since our last confession, i'd say thats it now for roosky, shame, but a deadly time was had.

cheers to all that took photos, including deko singing the ruts, we played that for conors birthday BTW.

conor, damo said he lost a bag of CDs, can you call me/pm me to arrange to pick them up somehow??

cheers
bigdan (aka mowldsie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back