Ghost Town (2 Viewers)

i couldn't get to the site until now, it was down or sumtin was wrong with my interweb connection.

speaking of people getting fired, where's lorcanzo at? LORCANZO give us a shout if you're still with us!

Originally posted by hopper
i couldn't get to the site until now, it was down or sumtin was wrong with my interweb connection.

speaking of people getting fired, where's lorcanzo at? LORCANZO give us a shout if you're still with us!

He muttered something yesterday at some stage...

I bet he got promotion... the boss liked the size of his phallus...

I think it was a problem with the server Thumped's on... I was getting an Error 403 message... something wrong with a socket....

Are the Streets a mod'ren day version of the Specials?

That's music-related....

Originally posted by herv
yes. i think so too.

will we have a go at talking about something vaguely music orientated today guys?

i've been getting into the likes of plaid and four tet of late. i got some kid606 from epitonic just there s'not bad. herv, can you recommend anything that's more in the vain of four tet and the like?

i wanted to say something about the specials as well.

i know my last post must have instantly dragged up the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" in the minds of most readers.

does anyone have the second specials album? i've tried to get it on numerous occassions but can't find it anywhere.

Originally posted by billygannon
Are the Streets a mod'ren day version of the Specials?

That's music-related....

music related - okay:

do, a deer, a female deer
ray, a drop of golden sun
me, my god i have an awful hangover - i was grand walking into work and then boom! must recover for star wars...

there's a 10" on domino by james yorkston and the sexual athletes that has an amazing 4tet mix on the b-side, also the notwist pick up the phone 12" has a pretty great 4tet mix too.

not so keen on original 4-tet stuff though, he seems far better working with other peoples material

i've been getting into the likes of plaid and four tet of late. i got some kid606 from epitonic just there s'not bad. herv, can you recommend anything that's more in the vain of four tet and the like?

fridge of course,

but also the amazing "burnt friedman" (and the nu dub players). se also his work with atom heart as flanger. thats just pure genius. manic speedjazz.

Originally posted by herv

does anyone have the second specials album? i've tried to get it on numerous occassions but can't find it anywhere.

Somebody got a vinyl copy from a charity shop in front of my very eyes a few months ago, I was livid. i think it's being re-released on CD along with the Special AKA album though, there's a review of it in the last issue of Uncut.

I was going to say Fridge ... so I looked like I knew stuff. I have to get some Plaid alright. Kid606.... I'm trying... I really am... but he is shit.

the early four tet stuff on output recordings is great.
also check out manitoba

manitoba, nice enough stuff... the album on leaf is a bit sleepy, but i saw him live with the jimmy cake, god he was great, it was like a mix of his own stuff from his laptop and him playing records as well, really interesting and not at all ambient.
if you like soft electronic music, leaf records is the place to go.

Actually... if you like Fourtet, I'd say you'd like The Album Leaf... some of their stuff is phab

in fact, if you like any of that music, girls obviously don't find you attractive.

i should know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back