getting vat back on uk purchases (1 Viewer)

frambosenshmak

Website
Visit site
is it possible to claim vat back on uk purchases if you're vat registered?

I was of the opinion that if you pay vat on any goods within the EU that you can claim against it but seeing as UK is not in euros (although at the moment you'd swear they were :))
is it still possible?

im pretty sure the shop gives you a form and completes it with all the details / reciept and then you use the form to get the refund. either by postage or in the shop with proof of address.

eh.......yeah

edit: actually, im not sure. in sony we filled in those forms but they were for non-eu guys and that was in this country and you got the vat refund at the airport. so eh maybe its something similar?

could you not just pay the price ex vat?
mate of mine did this in belfast.

there's a half truth in that alright
according to uk customs if you're a EU resident buying in UK if you purchase something with VAT you dont have to pay anything if you pass through customs. If you dont pay vat on it you can get done.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/consumers-visitors.htm#3

so yeah you could just not pay vat on it if the seller allows this. the place i'm looking at is a big chain store in belfast so they wont be doing any of that.

ah well.

do you mind me asking which chain store it is?
my mate ordered about 5 grand worth of stuff from the camera store calumet. he got in touch with them about paying for the goods ex vat. they did the necessary checks and gave him the ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back