George Lee has resigned (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 1
CAN GEORGE FUCKBAG LEE AND FINE GAY-L COME IN PLEASE...YOUR TIME IS UP.

i remember reading about this before the by-election. the idea that he'd have to run fucking clinics where bridie comes in moaning about the hole in the fence leading to the GAA ptich, and how the young lads do be drinking by the ramparts.

i hate them all.

too many TDs serving the country. there are so many, and for such small constituencies, this leads to the country being governed by what are essentially locally based policies. we have 166 people governing a population the size of greater Manchester. this leads to inward looking short term policies. this should be left to local councillors.

i guess a critical mass of TDs is needed for a democratic parliament, but if you had less TDs, fewer consituencies, and much larger catchment areas, the personality/locality politics would be taken out of the equation somewhat.

anyways, george lee is an ass. for better or for worse democracy is about compromise and perseverance, not revolution- what was he expecting?

I assume he was expecting this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But he ended up with this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

regardless of the george debacle, kenny is a useless plank and needs to be put out to pasture. richard bruton would be a welcome change, he could hardly be anymore useless anyway.

almost every criticism i've ever heard about fine geal seems to sound like it was made up by fianna fail. i dont know anything about them, other then these criticisms. could someone fill me in about them??

i just read both party's wiki's - fianna fail dont seem to have policies beyond a history of corruption etc. i'm going to read more though after work, see what the craic is.

i was talking to magicbastarder, however that sounds likely alright. that brian cowen no confidence thing dissapeared fast. sorta echo's a bit of a media stunt, instead of saying 'maybe cowens ok' we are saying 'maybe kenny's' ok. i think this was last friday:
irish times said:
Opposition leader Enda Kenny is expected to propose a motion of no confidence in Brian Cowen as Taoiseach in the Dáil today.

Senior Fine Gael sources told The Irish Times the party leader was “outraged” by the banking reports.

Mr Kenny decided on the move late last night, after he had finished reading the reports which, he believes, provide compelling evidence that Mr Cowen had been “misleading the public” with regard to his role as minister for finance in the lead-up to the economic and banking crisis.

Yesterday the first official reports into the causes of the banking crisis concluded that home-made factors and not international financial volatility were to blame for the meltdown.

Hard-hitting reports by the new Central Bank governor Patrick Honohan and international banking experts Klaus Regling and Max Watson heavily criticised misguided government economic policies, a weak system of financial regulation and poor bank lending.

Taoiseach Brian Cowen accepted that policies introduced while he was minister for finance had led to a “deeply challenging” situation for the Irish people and he regretted that. He agreed that a more restrictive fiscal policy would have helped in slowing the economy.

“Hindsight is always clear and obviously we would not have taken such a course if we had known of the scale of the property collapse which was facing the country,” he said. “I deeply regret that.”

Major failures in banking regulation and the maintenance of the financial stability of the country – coupled with excessive and high-risk lending by the banks – led to the crisis, the reports concluded.

my dead in the water comment was in reference to the fact that there was a countrywide sigh of disappointment at the news that he'd survived yesterday. whatever hope people had of someone with a bit of charisma would lead FG is gone for at least a year or so.

i think fine gael's main ethos is 'we're not fianna fail'. i couldn't tell you an awful lot about their policies.

must be using some of the same advisors John mcCain used for his US presidential run

anyway on Dublin South, it's my understanding that FG if they were so inclined could move the writ for the byelection as they held the seat previously

so come on FG, move the writ. you want the writ moved for waterford so live up to your own standards
unless of course the only reason you want waterford writ moved is because you can win that seat and probably wouldn't in dublin south because of the lee debacle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back