George Lee has resigned (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 1
Throughout that period I have done my best to play a positive role in contributing to the national debate and to efforts to find a solution for many of the country’s economic problems."

However, Mr Lee said that "after nine months of trying within the political system, it is now my considered view that the role available to me within Fine Gael is not a role I am happy to play.
After making this statement Superman returned to the Fortress of Solitude and is declining any requests for interview.

(stolen from elsewhere)

Smacks of throwing the rattler out of the pram but a major fuck up on Enda Kenny's part as well. George is kinda stuck now in terms of broadcasting because he can't be seen as non-partisan any more.

George Lee looks bad.
Fine Geal look really bad.
Can you hear the fucking cackle out of Jackie Healy-Rea? I can. <sigh>

george lee said:
He said the decision had been difficult, but that despite his best efforts, he had had virtually no influence on shaping Fine Gael's economic policies.

they rolled out a local celebrity for the election last time here as well. luckily the local extreme fighting champion wasn't let make any decisions either.

Looks like FG and George genuinely misunderstood each other. He thought he was being hired for his economic skills, they thought they were hiring him for his vote-getting abilities ... probably because they think that economic expertise just isn't relevant or useful when it comes to making economic policy. Same way as Fianna Fail thought IT expertise wasn't relevant when implementing electronic voting. Depressing, dudes.

You know what was even more depressing? Every single political commentator on The Last Word yesterday (especially the bizarrely vitriolic Eoghan Harris) espoused the view that he needed to "serve his time" before he could expect to contribute to party policy. If I hired an economist I'd expect them to work as an economist, not a fucking tea boy.

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT HAS THE COUNTRY ON ITS KNEES

"hi fianna fail? this is fianna gael. here's the election, we've wrapped it a nice big bow for you. anyting else?"

he seems not to have made much, if any, effort to express his dissatisfaction to his party. so much for being able to look his kids in the eye.
this was more like an argument where you're supposed to guess what the other person is annoyed about.

i think george lee definately looks bad after all this aswell as fianna gael. he comes across as a bit petulant, i mean what does he expect? he's a new member of the opposition party, he won't be changing the country glenda gilson on the celtic tigers back style like. fair enough if fianna gael weren't listening to him at all, but give it a bit more than 9 months like.

i think whatever about fine geal and george scott lee, it really makes voters (i.e. us) and the rte look like saps. i remember the good old days when people thought it was stupid that ronald regan got to be president on the back of a hollywood career, but nope, now in the height of an economic crisis we voted in 'the guy off the telly that knows about money'. rte basically funded his campaign, so as someone mentioned, his ability to be non-bias on tv might need to be repaired, but more so rte's ability to be non bias after funding the south dublin fine geal campaign.

Meteor+Ireland+Music+Awards+Arrivals+2c8UmGQXZS4l.jpg

©µ

From the looks of it, George Lee was upset that Richard Bruton wasn't given the boot to make way for him.

Unfortunately for Lee, Richard Bruton is the senior Fine Gael member who appears to be most capable and competant when it comes to his position. Plus as heir apparent to the leadership of the party Kenny can't afford to cross him.

Unfortunately for Lee, Richard Bruton is the senior Fine Gael member who appears to be most capable and competant when it comes to his position. Plus as heir apparent to the leadership of the party Kenny can't afford to cross him.

I'm not sure Bruton actually wants to be party leader; I reckon if he did he'd have gotten it ahead of Kenny.

I'm not sure Bruton actually wants to be party leader; I reckon if he did he'd have gotten it ahead of Kenny.

To paraphrase Yes Minister ... of course one does not seek a position of power but if one's friends were to convince one that the best way to serve the people would be from such a position then of course one would have to give the matter careful consideration.

You know what was even more depressing? Every single political commentator on The Last Word yesterday (especially the bizarrely vitriolic Eoghan Harris) espoused the view that he needed to "serve his time" before he could expect to contribute to party policy. If I hired an economist I'd expect them to work as an economist, not a fucking tea boy.

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT HAS THE COUNTRY ON ITS KNEES

i remember reading about this before the by-election. the idea that he'd have to run fucking clinics where bridie comes in moaning about the hole in the fence leading to the GAA ptich, and how the young lads do be drinking by the ramparts.

i hate them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back