Gazza (1 Viewer)

P. Littbarski

HAT-TRICK HERO GAZZA OPENS HIS ACCOUNT!
Tuesday February 25 2003

Paul Gascoigne's first match in China went well, with the great man coming off the bench to score a hat-trick!

Player-coach Gazza named himself as a sub as his Tianma side lined up for a friendly against Guangzhou Rizhiquan and scored all three in a 3-0 win, including a peach of a free-kick that left the opposing keeper rooted to the spot.

It seems like Gateshead's finest is enjoying life in China, telling reporters:

"I am very happy.. So many fans want to have their picture taken with me and chat with me. I don't feel alone in China."

Gazza has been nicknamed "Jia-Jia", which is apparently a close approximation of the pronunciation of "Gazza" in Chinese!

Fans back home have been wondering how Gazza would get on with the alien culture and language, but will be reassured to hear that Gateshead's finest says:

"I have to say, Chinese food is very good! The language is causing me problems. I have to learn a few Chinese words - like shoot and pass - because they come in handy during a game."

Wise words from the new gaffer, who is preparing his team for their league opener on March 15. When asked about the possibility of retirement, Jia-Jia insisted:

"I am still young. My former agent didn't really try his best to contact clubs for me. It was somebody else who said that I was old and should retire. It is not true."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back