gawd bless the recession!!!!! New shitholes (1 Viewer)

They have, sure I was with ya at the busier one!
The one you were not at was not the bank holiday Monday one.

That makes sense. Was starting to get a bit worried about the nogg'in remembering stuff.

Don't know what made the Temple so good. It might've been the shape of the room, and the height of the stage.? The fact it was also only two minutes staggering distance from my gaff was a huge help:p

the new venue in ross is on the same buzz, normal wednesday lately there'd be 5 or 6 people in there nursing pints, it was fairly easy to convince them to try a gig and we had about 80 in there on wednesday, free in with the bar paying the band, was ska punk mind with ska always easier to sell to bar owners than d beat, defo a recession enabled gig though as they wouldnt have wanted to know a while back.

Back on topic, I havent noticed too much evidence of the recession while looking for a gaff. Rent is still fairly high and loads of cunts are still not accepting rent allowance and looking for "professionals only".
can you withdraw rent allowance yourself, or does it go straight into the landlords bank account?

Same amount as what turned up for GBH believe it or not.
(to be fair they'd played to a full house in the TBMC but the next night was a bank holiday Monday and it wasn't advertised)

i was at that GBH gig in tbmc(got the poster on me bedroom wall) and i remember it being pretty empty.then again it could have been just coz it was a big enough venue it seemed empty.
Got some great memories from the temple.Me first DIY punk gig was striknein dc,skint,blood or whiskey,the steam pig and the mighty sexy results in the temple for the rejected x-mas party/release of rejected vol.3.must have been 2000 or 2001.the flyer hangs among many others on the door in me sitting room.

it would be amazing if the parnell mooney and the music room started getting used again

Was walking by there last night and it was opened up again under a new name. Mad. Wonder what the whole story was/is with that place? Don't know what's happening with the upstairs though.

Bohs Punks-just saw on your yoke there that The Partisans are gonna be coming!! That's DEADLY!!!! Ah jesus I can't wait for that! AND La Fraction!! I love both those bands-Recession or not, 2009 looks feckin good already!

Was walking by there last night and it was opened up again under a new name. Mad. Wonder what the whole story was/is with that place? Don't know what's happening with the upstairs though.

It's called Lanigans now. Very cosey pub....upstairs is just being used as a function room and they have a downstairs bar opening on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back