gawd bless the recession!!!!! New shitholes (2 Viewers)

Yar, cash money from the post office, usually- if you're lucky you can get it put into your own bank account
thats ridiculous! how do you prove you are renting and what amount your rent is? why do some landlords not allow rent allowance? how would they even know, if you could get it in cash???

thats ridiculous! how do you prove you are renting and what amount your rent is? why do some landlords not allow rent allowance? how would they even know, if you could get it in cash???

You have to get the landlord to fill out a form stating what your rent is. Some landlords don't accept it because they don't like dole scum/they're evading tax/etc.. I don't know what the legal situation is with landlords not accepting rent allowance. If your rent is more that €98/week or thereabouts you're not eligible to receive it.

even if i was eligible i don't think my landlord would sign it because he's not registered/playing taxes. could someone else in my house say "i am renting out my rented room therefore i am a landlord" and i could get them to sign a rent allowance? thats probably maaaaad complicated.....

even if i was eligible i don't think my landlord would sign it because he's not registered/playing taxes. could someone else in my house say "i am renting out my rented room therefore i am a landlord" and i could get them to sign a rent allowance? thats probably maaaaad complicated.....
you could sign it yourself !ninjaaaa

but i don't know if there's a list of dole scum sympatico landlords they'd crosscheck...maybe not worth the risk

You have to get the landlord to fill out a form stating what your rent is. Some landlords don't accept it because they don't like dole scum/they're evading tax/etc.. I don't know what the legal situation is with landlords not accepting rent allowance. If your rent is more that €98/week or thereabouts you're not eligible to receive it.
so you can't receive rent allowance unless you're paying <€98 a week?

whats the point in that?

not true. there is a cap but it isn't that low

RLY? Pretty sure that's the number I was told. I was told they'd pay my rent as is for 6 weeks, by which time I had to either find a cheaper place to live or renegotiate my rent with the landlord.
Ernesto: I'd reckon they have a cap on it to stop people abusing the system. Though €98 (if it is correct, which it prob isn't) is a pretty low figure, way below the average Dublin rent, I know maybe 2 people who would be elible for that.

As it turns out I got a job and so lost any chance I had of getting free money.

Michelle, for better advice than mine about rent allowance, you should contact your local Citizens Information Centre. I found my local one to be quite sound.

According to this the cap for a single person in shared accomodation is still €98 a week. That's about €420 a month.

Michelle, I probably shouldn't suggest this on a public forum, but I would say it's totally feasible to scam by putting down a fake landlord. I doubt they even ever check back with landlords in the first place, nevermind some cross referencing madness; bureaucracy in this country is way too inefficient for that. There's plenty of things you could do to safeguard yourself (give gruff-sounding male friend's phone number as landlord and cut him in at €50/month or so), and even if you did get caught, you could just claim innocence and pretend your landlord was scamming you... even if you did get properly caught and made pay back the money, they only make you give back a tiny amount a week, which comes out of your dole, and, which also means they'll never kick you off the dole cos then you'll stop paying back the cash!

For all your answers to complicated welfare-related questions, I've recently discovered the joys of the boards.ie state benefits forum.

i found this on the internet with my computer!!1

http://www.inou.ie/download/pdf/max_rent_levels_county.pdf

crossed wires:98 is the limit they hand out.

not your maximum rent shiznit

Not true, it's the maximum rent. They'll usually (each cwo does have a lot of discretion) deny you rent allowance if you're rent is over the max.

ps: check out how much more you can get if you've a kid or two. time to start riding, people!

Not true, it's the maximum rent. They'll usually (each cwo does have a lot of discretion) deny you rent allowance if you're rent is over the max.
cap in cork is 75, last time my rent were paid, it was 400 a month. 3 quarters paid, so it's possible, yeah

ps: check out how much more you can get if you've a kid or two. time to start riding, people!

time to consult your alternative contraception thread again, Michelle :p

According to this the cap for a single person in shared accomodation is still €98 a week. That's about €420 a month.

€98
x4
___
= €392...... where'd you get €420 from?

and is this the amount they'd give out to you if you're living independently away from home and returning to third level education? with a grant?

€98
x4
___
= €392...... where'd you get €420 from?

and is this the amount they'd give out to you if you're living independently away from home and returning to third level education? with a grant?

€98 x 52 % 12 = €424

Reckon you'd need to be on some back to education sceme (ie have been on the dole before going back to college) to get rent allowance, but I'm not sure.

If you have legit questions I'd seriously recommend giving the citizens information centre a call, absolute legends in the vast majority of cases.

€98 x 52 % 12 = €424

Reckon you'd need to be on some back to education sceme (ie have been on the dole before going back to college) to get rent allowance, but I'm not sure.

If you have legit questions I'd seriously recommend giving the citizens information centre a call, absolute legends in the vast majority of cases.
might do that. cheers. need to know this stuff if im thinkin about goin back college september. im gettin a freakin grant this time. last time i broke my balls and worked part time to put myself through college. rest of my class just quit their jobs and went on the dole 6 months before college started , thus getting paid to go back. im not makin the same mistake again!

if you're going for a degree, you wont get back to ed or any of the good shit if you've already done one, i'm afraid. but go for a vtos course or similar and you'll be sorted.

€98 x 52 % 12 = €424

also, does that mean, if you're renting somewhere that's €400 per month, that your rent is essentially covered or do they pay only a certain per cent of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back