gawd bless the recession!!!!! New shitholes (1 Viewer)

jasper mckatt

gawd bless the recession is right - loads of new shithole venues are becoming available for us scummy punks to use for gigs as the landlords clamour for every dirty penyy they can get before their shitty businesses go fuckin bankrupt - yeas surely a greayt time in the history of punk rock!!
Well I'm only talking sligo way, but I'd like to think its the same country wise.
We had Inner terrestrials at Harrys bar, he'd said to me when I wa sarranging the gig - I dont give a fuck waht you do as long as I dont have to pay for anything, oh and it wont be too loud will it? I told him it would be loud and he didint have to pay for anything. end of night hes well ahppy and dont give a fuck bout how loaud it is.
anothe rvenue that sneered at me and snuck its nose in the air a couple of years ago is now letting us use their premises - they happy cos punks an dmetallers drink lots and they got no one else going into their shithole pubs (shithole pubs are great, like the old flea pit picturehouses).
So fingers crossed theirs no incidents of extremme violence that gets gigs stopped, we could have some regular ish gigs going off down in sligo.

which brings to attenetion this next sligo gig - FRI 28TH NOVEMBER at THE LEITRIM BAR, SLIGO - A NIGHT TO REMEMBER ROBERT BOYNTON ( Boynton was a sligo punk/metaller who died earielr this year aged 39, leaving behind wife and 3 kids, proceeds from gig go to her) WITH THE LOBOTOMIES (YOU ALL KNOW), THORN (CLASSIC ROCK METAL FROM MAYO), EXCUSES (LOCAL PUNK EEJITS). DOORS AT 9PM, MINIMUM ENTRY 8 EURO, MORE IF YOU WNAT.
SO if anyones around down theses parts fo the country come along, not sure what the guiness is like in here, I hope its good.

the temple was fairly average. still very pricey to rent i hear.

Great to hear that the Temple's go'in to be used again. Have some great memories of that place - G.B.H., Skint (numorous times - greatest band ever!), P.V., Steam Pig, Disorder, Dangerfields, Run'in Riot, etc. etc.

The leitrim is a student bar in Sligo it is usually packed during the week but it closes at the weekends cause they have no customers at all so no reason to open. So I can see why they are having gigs there now!!! Great to hear!!
Will there be anymore gigs in Harrys. It was a bit small but that provided a great atmosphere for the gig the last day I thought!!!

Let me tell you all about the time Tragedy played in the Temple and only 10 people showed up...

Same amount as what turned up for GBH believe it or not.
(to be fair they'd played to a full house in the TBMC but the next night was a bank holiday Monday and it wasn't advertised)

There were 70-80 payers at Tragedy, but a lot left for the last bus or someshit.

Back on topic, I havent noticed too much evidence of the recession while looking for a gaff. Rent is still fairly high and loads of cunts are still not accepting rent allowance and looking for "professionals only".

70-80? What?
My cousin was selling his old records at it and was raging there were fuck all people at it.
He had loads of classics as well, original Conflict 7"s and the like.
He made 20 quid.
It was around 2000 or 2001 I think.

70-80? What?
My cousin was selling his old records at it and was raging there were fuck all people at it.
He made 20 quid.

The first Tragedy tour was 2001 I think? They were fucking amazing on that tour, for whatever reason they were far far better than when they came back in 2003-ish.
The Giro's gig is one of those gigs as well. There were about 20 people there, but about 200 people claim to have been there. I remember The Dagda were fucking class that night as well, so tight, I remember listening to Crispo's drumming and going "FUCKING HELL!".

70-80? What?
He made 20 quid.

Nov 2001. Vague memory of your cuz's stall. It was a long gig with 6 bands, so that size crowd was streched over 4-5 hours.

In the process of applying for rent allowance atm. I'm hundreds of squidlyooneys over the rent cap :(

You just need to put down that your rent is just below the cap (€420 i think - confirm it though) and then fork out for the rest yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back