Gavin Friday on Other Voices last night (1 Viewer)

I bet he's the kind of bloke that'd say his performance has sparked a reaction and discussion on the internet therefore justifying it. Clearly unable to see that we're discussion how shit it was and how much of a wanker he is.

As much as I love the early Prunes stuff,I've always found Gavin's solo stuff to be worthy-soundingh but 'not my cup of tea'. I'm amazed by the reaction to the Other Voices set and now really want to see it...Hmmmm!!

chickenham said:
As much as I love the early Prunes stuff,I've always found Gavin's solo stuff to be worthy-soundingh but 'not my cup of tea'. I'm amazed by the reaction to the Other Voices set and now really want to see it...Hmmmm!!

Don't assume that just because people are giving out that means it's worth watching. It wasn't. The only interest to be had was the mind boggling at how someone so obviously shit can be so completely and utterly convinced of their own worth. It was the usual Brel/cabaret/crooning/posturing. Yawn. I mean, at least Jack L can sing properly ....

chickenham said:

maybe Man Friday himself posted the original thread in an attempt to get higher ratings for Other voices so RTE will boot Derek Mooney off and let him present winning Streak. I've got my conspiracy hat on kids..care to join me?

johnnystress said:
This man also has no talent, he should not be listened to by anyone

bestof.jpg

Pierce Turner's ok.

ha looks like calibos from clash of the titans up close. i saw him at the shins last year. possibly the only good thing about that gig. good old lord of the marsh and his mate julius caesar.

Wheels said:
Ha ha ha ha!! What a complete wanker!!!!!

nlgbbbblth said:
remember Friday's Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves single, 1989

I used like that one. Who was the Man Seezer?

Maurice Seezer. I've always thought he was quite good but cant bring myself to listen to Fridays unique brand of 'talent'.
I dont know whats worse, looking at him or listening to him?
20041030vpmatinee_010-thumb.jpg

The brylcreem, the corned beef complexion, the pout and sucked in cheeks.
Your a bad man Gavin, a really bad man. Give us a twirl ya prat.

Pilchard said:
now those ads for The Wiremen........there's annoying for ya.

that ad is disgusting. it makes me feel dead inside. i put shay healy on the boat to hell for this, it is an unforgivable transgression against humanity. i suffer this on endless loop in my head...

"if you see us walking down the street youll know for certain that before the day is out we'll have the craic"

(please can we kep pat kenny and derek mooney though?:eek:)

gavin.jpg

did you by any chance happen to see/hear the guitar player in the backround? it was like he was playing a different song to everyone else..there were bits on the song I saw where he looked like he had fallen asleep and his hand was still strumming out of time as he dozed..which given the hullabaloo out of mr ego friday seemed impossible. The audience must have been bussed in from renta crowd..I mean does this guy actually have any fans?? Every shot of them they were laughing their asses off at him and covering their eyes. I used to make art in pallas studios after I left art college and friday had rented a space so he could say he had a studio and was an artist..he never came in once to the best of my knowledge never made a single piece anyway, this at time when young artists needed space bigtime.the guys who ran the studio asked him to leave in the end. What a wanker. I see there is a boxed set (still in the wrapper) of his version of peter and the wolf still hanging around the secret book and record store the last two months.Peter and the wolf? what a wanker.I also worked in a shop once and had the delight of serving him. What a rude wanker.

you nobody!!!!!!!

I missed Gavin Friday (heartbreakingly), but I have seen a few episodes recently and have yet to enjoy anything except Steve Earle. The Devilns - Jaysus. Woeful stuff, lyrics Paddy Casey would be embarrassed to sing... maybe. And I thought the Republic of Loose were crap with their overwrought, overlong, conceited gospel tune - can't remember what it's called.
Actually, I saw them live for the first time recently - and I know they're accomplished and they are a bit different, but I couldn't help myself becoming bored after about four songs.

VascoJ said:
I missed Gavin Friday (heartbreakingly), but I have seen a few episodes recently and have yet to enjoy anything except Steve Earle. The Devilns - Jaysus. Woeful stuff, lyrics Paddy Casey would be embarrassed to sing... maybe. And I thought the Republic of Loose were crap with their overwrought, overlong, conceited gospel tune - can't remember what it's called.
Actually, I saw them live for the first time recently - and I know they're accomplished and they are a bit different, but I couldn't help myself becoming bored after about four songs.
Here's Gavin!
http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2043950.smil

I see there is a boxed set (still in the wrapper) of his version of peter and the wolf still hanging around the secret book and record store the last two months.Peter and the wolf? what a wanker
my mum gave me a copy of that when it came out, i was completely baffled as to why such a thing even existed and why she thought i would want it....i think it's still in my room at home somewhere, never read/listened to it

i'm spending my sunday reading old threads about what a wanker gavin friday is, there are quite a few

Does anyone know where i can find the brilliant video clip of Gavin Friday pretending to be from Ballymun, getting mistaken for Bono and generally acting like a tool? The link i have for it is dead.

Does anyone know where i can find the brilliant video clip of Gavin Friday pretending to be from Ballymun, getting mistaken for Bono and generally acting like a tool? The link i have for it is dead.
no but that's a funny fuckin 'turn'. i seen another vid where he was pretending to be from Crumlin and an article where he talked about being from Artane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back