Summary of the last ten years (1 Viewer)

We’ve had 10 well attended and sociable Christmas parties where we’ve taken a group photo each year, always with @pete in the middle with a huge smile on his face and love in his eyes.
He was smiling. And there was something in his eyes.

But, I think it was generally understood that none of us were going to mention our Mullingar car park Christmas parties.

We’ve had 10 well attended and sociable Christmas parties where we’ve taken a group photo each year, always with @pete in the middle with a huge smile on his face and love in his eyes.
we all went away on that holiday together too where we'd meet every morning and put thumped up on the big screen and read all the threads and laugh together and have a big group hug before heading back to bed.

I think the best description of thumped's progression is the use of analogies of IRL social settings..

1. in the mid late 2000's thumped was like a well attended gig by a mid level touring band. you'd know and nod to lots of people, occasionally meet randomers, and end up having lengthy conversations about american imperial adventures with some young one you're trying to impress while smoking out the window of a flat at 5am.
2. by 2010, thumped was a little more like a hip cafe with regular customers, a few new joiners here and there, and people who'd occasionally pop in to stick a gig poster in the window.
3. Now thumped is like a small pub in a midlands town, with 8-10 regulars who rock in every night to argue with one another and shout at the telly.

the most terrifying time in thumped history is when someone started that (fuck) facebook group and everyone got to see what everyone else looked like. After that going to gigs became very awkward.
ah.. I think that had started a bit already when myspace took off and we found out what Tom looked like.

I think the best description of thumped's progression is the use of analogies of IRL social settings..

1. in the mid late 2000's thumped was like a well attended gig by a mid level touring band. you'd know and nod to lots of people, occasionally meet randomers, and end up having lengthy conversations about american imperial adventures with some young one you're trying to impress while smoking out the window of a flat at 5am.
2. by 2010, thumped was a little more like a hip cafe with regular customers, a few new joiners here and there, and people who'd occasionally pop in to stick a gig poster in the window.
3. Now thumped is like a small pub in a midlands town, with 8-10 regulars who rock in every night to argue with one another and shout at the telly.

I was in my regular pub yesterday afternoon. I've been part of the furniture there for about 9 years now, and that's exactly what it has been like.

A group of 8-10 regulars talking about music and Russia and Covid and movies.
We talked about how a few years ago every hipster would pop in and they don't so much anymore.
The older ones would mention seeing so-and-so band play here back in dickety-six.

Thumped doesn't have a dub night or a pool competition or jerk chicken though. But unlike my local pub, on Thumped I don't have to give cigarettes to the same old crack-heads so that they'll leave me alone for an hour.

Hahahaha

@pete you should put this in a sticky post to help onboard n00bs, in case we ever get one again

I'm seeing some criticisms, but we shouldn't forget there's very few websites that give comprehensive run downs on the popular dogging hotspots around the country, AND advice on hedgehog husbandry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back