Garth Merenghis Darkplace (1 Viewer)

yeah it's great, makes the IT crowd seem all the shitter (despite the rare laughts).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never take drugs!

here's a review of it on amazon, I really hope she's a real person.

"Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is just terrible. The show wasn't cutting-edge or too scary to be broadcast as Garth Marenghi would have you believe - the show was probably axed because it was very very bad. I can't believe I wasted my precious time watching this hogwash. Thank God I wasn't living in Peru when the show was broadcast there. The series did not depict day-to-day hospital life accurately and the horror was undoubtedly poorly conceived. The costumes - the Gorilla costumes for example - were laughable. I actually did laugh when I saw the Gorillas riding bikes - pushbikes which made motorbike noises. How childish!

Let me say a couple of things about the acting. Dean Learner should stick to publishing books (by the way I've looked for Garth Marenghi's books and I am repeatedly laughed at by bookstore owners - what does that tell you about the author/actor?). Dean Learner acted appallingly and couldn't seem to stop looking at the camera man throughout the first season. There were scenes when he completely got out of character and looked at the camera with a smile on his face. Yes, he smiled in scenes that were supposed to be serious horror. I can't believe that this rubbish even got a first season back in the bad old 1980s. If you want a real hospital show, watch ER. If you want real horror, watch 666 - the movie."

It is fucking hilarious. I love it.
It was the inspiration for most Terrordactyl songs.

I went to see Matt Berry (Dr. Sanchez in Darkplace, Douglas in IT Crowd) with his band in Crawdaddy a year ago. It was deadly seeing him singing "One Track Lover" while swigging from a litre bottle of Smirnoff. Funny man.

Also check out AD/BC: A Rock Opera. It's a nativity musical written by Richard Ayoade and the cast of The Mighty Boosh are in it. Man to Man with Dean Learner is also good for a laugh.

I portended that by the year 2040 the world would see its first female mechanic, and who knows she might even do a decent job. In any case I wish her the very best

here's a review of it on amazon, I really hope she's a real person.

"Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is just terrible. The show wasn't cutting-edge or too scary to be broadcast as Garth Marenghi would have you believe - the show was probably axed because it was very very bad. I can't believe I wasted my precious time watching this hogwash. Thank God I wasn't living in Peru when the show was broadcast there. The series did not depict day-to-day hospital life accurately and the horror was undoubtedly poorly conceived. The costumes - the Gorilla costumes for example - were laughable. I actually did laugh when I saw the Gorillas riding bikes - pushbikes which made motorbike noises. How childish!

Let me say a couple of things about the acting. Dean Learner should stick to publishing books (by the way I've looked for Garth Marenghi's books and I am repeatedly laughed at by bookstore owners - what does that tell you about the author/actor?). Dean Learner acted appallingly and couldn't seem to stop looking at the camera man throughout the first season. There were scenes when he completely got out of character and looked at the camera with a smile on his face. Yes, he smiled in scenes that were supposed to be serious horror. I can't believe that this rubbish even got a first season back in the bad old 1980s. If you want a real hospital show, watch ER. If you want real horror, watch 666 - the movie."

mega lolz that has to be a setup, no one is that thick surly???

Does anyone know if these are on the internet?I've had a look but no joy.
I only wanna see it cos of that review.sounds great.

Hey bud, just give me two ticks. My mouth feels like somebody parked a car in it.

Ah Sanchez. This does be my favourite comedy of all time ever squared.

One of my favourite programmes ever.
'That's funny, that cat just told me to leave...'

Everything about it is genius - the dialogue, the editing, the way the shots are framed, the dodgy props and the ever-changing costumes, the crappy dubbing (especially for Sanchez)...I think my favourite episode is 'Hell Hath Fury': "Mike stared in disbelief as his hands fell off".

I've met Matt Berry twice and am sad to say he is very strange and a little rude in person :( I think it's just shyness, but I'm not that scary! I did a phone interview though and he was fine for that - his voice is a lot more normal in real life sadly!

If you like this you may like Snuffbox, which he did with Rich Fulcher (from the Boosh) - Snuffbox isn't half as good as Darkplace, but bits of it are really funny.

Its all on youtube Gazzer thats where I watched it. Id say that review is fake alright, have you seen the website? They're mad for fake public feedback, it is gas though in fairness

Its all on youtube Gazzer thats where I watched it. Id say that review is fake alright, have you seen the website? They're mad for fake public feedback, it is gas though in fairness

Grand,I'll have a bit of that this evening.

I love the back story that slips into the talking heads sometimes like when Matt Berry is talking about the old days and says something like "I've stood in Dean's front room and watched him make a lot of love, let's just say that...."

The extra features on the DVDs especially the commentaries are hilarious. Sanchez just points out all the errors and you hear cans opening in the background and he gets drunker and drunker :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back